chapter 15.

eunji
what the hell?

eunji
doyum

eunji
answer my texts??
hello??
seen 5:23 am

it was around 7 am and the girl woke up to not surprisingly, zero responses from the boy. ignoring her thoughts, she got ready, said goodbye to her parents, and biked her way to school.

eunji locked her bike and was walking up to the school when hyejin came from the side and joined her.

"hey eunji, how you holding up?"

clutching onto her bag, she painfully chuckled. "no progress, if anything i'm back to square one,"

the two girls entered the school and into the crowded hallways, getting pushed around.

"we'll talk about this later!" hyejin shouted across the hallway to the girl.

"at lunch!" eunji yelled back.

back to their daily schedule, eunji mentally prepared herself to actually try to talk to jungwon today.

however, she was a coward when it came to apologizing. but was she telling herself that she could do it?

of course.

was she actually going to do it?

probably not.

she was walking down to class when in front of the girl's english classroom, stood an older boy standing by the doorframe.

"look, eunji i need to talk to you."

"doyum, you haven't responded to my texts AT ALL from last night, and now you want to talk to me?"

the boy had a wash of guilt over his face. he admitted to himself that fine, he did leave the girl on seen. so maybe it was his fault, but he wanted to be the one to tell her, especially to tell her in person.

"come with me to the roof, ditch class and we can talk. please, i have some stuff i need to explain to you," the boy persisted.

they weren't exactly using their indoor voices, and soon enough they were getting a few stares from people as they walked by in the halls.

"fuck, fine. let's go, we're making a scene."

the boy took the girl's hand and dragged her up to the roof, not daring to look at her hesitant face. they found an open spot on the floor and sat down.

"so why did you bring me here? are you going to drop some bomb on me then ignore me again?"

eunji couldn't help but feel like she was wasting her time, time that could be spent trying to let her pride go and apologize to jungwon.

"listen, it's not my fault! i didn't know what to do and-,"

"god, do you understand? do you understand how guilty i feel for hurting him? and yet you keep telling me that pushing him away is easy."

"why do you care so much about jungwon?! i'm right here and created so many reasons to not like him i-," he got cut off.

"i don't know! maybe i-, ... wait you what?"