chapter 1.

"choi eunji, are you even listening to me? earth to eunji!" hyejin waved her hand in front of the girl.

"yeah? i'm paying attention, what were you saying?" she was not paying attention.

the two girls have been best friends for years now and eunji zoning out in class wasn't anything new. the half-asleep girl looked up from her textbook and gave her friend a sheepish smile.

"you saw the schedule right? the girl's soccer team is playing next friday and i was wondering if you were actually going to play? you know ... not getting benched this time?"

eunji snickered at the brought up memory, reminding herself of the time she yelled at a boy so loud, her coach gave up trying to calm her down.

"hey! one time thing only i swear," she zipped up her bag.

"and to be completely fair, he deserved it! it wasn't my fault i walked into him! he shouldn't have been in my way."

choi eunji was known for her competitive spirit, despite being inches way shorter than her teammates. and quite honestly, a lot of people were impressed at how her short legs stood up against her taller competitors.

eunji got up from her chair, put on her backpack, and walked into the halls with hyejin by her side.

normally they would walk separately due to their schedule, but eunji thought it would be fun to tag along for a bit.

they stood in front of an unfamiliar french classroom, at least to eunji, as hyejin ran in and greeted her friends.

"hey hyejin! ... and eunji? what are you doing here?" the boy looked like a puppy, surprised to see his close friend show up.

eunji greeted everyone there and figured she could stay for bit as she just started her free period of the day.

hyejin pulled up chairs for her and eunji right next to jake's desk and went straight to talking.

"jake you heard about eunji right? and how she yelled at jungwon the other day? i will never let that girl live that down." hyejin snorted.

"you're kidding!" he said before taking a look at the girls' faces.

"wait you're serious? eunji what is with you and jungwon these days? personally, i find it admirable how you could hate a person that much," jake chuckled.

according to eunji, hate is a strong word to describe her and jungwon's relationship (or a lack thereof). maybe a "very, massively, humongous, gigantic, strong dislike" was a better way to word it.

"don't even mention his name around me!" eunji covered her ears with her hands, earning you're so dramatic looks from her friends.

"what? my poor ears don't deserve to hear such cruel words. anyways, i don't hate the guy, okay? it's just a very, massively, humongous, gigantic, strong dislike! nothing bad i swear."

it was like as if he could hear his name being called from miles away, he rolled his eyes and made his way over.

"heard you talking about me huh?" jungwon strolled up to them with a smug look on his face.

jake did a quick handshake with jungwon, excited to greet him, but the girl sitting in front of him doesn't seem to be the same.

eunji glared up, faced with who should not be named standing right in front of her.

"you got to be kidding me," throwing her hands up, "i didn't even say his name and the fucker shows up! if i didn't know any better, i would think he's obsessed with me!"