chapter 6.

jake and eunji finally arrived at the ice rink on time, much quicker than if she rode her bike. the girl got out and thanked the guy before he drove off.

it didn't take long before she spotted a few familiar faces. "hey sunghoon!" she waved over and

she came closer and greeted every person one by one until she froze on a familiar face. "you're kidding me."

"following me around aren't you?"

the boy smirked at her angry face while she wanted to do anything in her power to wipe his smile off.

"anyways!" sunghoon awkwardly broke the tension. "now that eun's here, let's get our skates?"

in a matter of 10 minutes, eunji quickly learned the hard way that putting on ice skates is the world's most difficult thing. the shoes were so tight and had to be, making it a pain to shove her feet into.

"here, i got you," the experienced skater ran to his friend's side. he kneeled down and held the shoe for her as she shoved her foot in.

hana noticed the way sunghoon rushed over to the girl and gave her a sad look in her direction.

"let's go!" jungwon excitedly declared, noticing hana's disappointed pout. the four waddled through the ice entrance and held onto the wall for dear life.

————————— <3 —————————

"eun, you good? are you sure you're doing okay?"

sunghoon couldn't help but laugh at his friend's failed attempts at skating. she kept bending over and had a hard time finding a sense of balance.

"i'm alright i got this! i swear!" she shouted from further down the rink. the boy shook his head and skated over to her, letting her hold onto him for support.

hana skated by, trying to show off in front of sunghoon, only to be ignored by the busy boy.
she rolled her eyes and went back to jungwon to skate with him instead.

"jungwon, i heard that eunji and sunghoon are dating."

"really?" he was shocked, not gonna lie, but he was even more surprised that eunji managed to pull someone before he did.

"but i thought he invited you here to spend more time with you? you do realize he only invited eunji so i wouldn't have to third wheel alone?"

"yeah, it should make sense right? but i heard from mina that they're dating and she's in their class. plus did you see them earlier? he kept calling her cute nicknames."

hana sounded deflated and a sense of defeat, knowing that another girl got to sunghoon before she could.

"apparently they were staring at each other and he played with her hair," hana began. "and i heard he even asked if her if she was free to hang out!"

even though hana was telling him all this stuff, it went in one ear and out the other.

he was more focused on the fact that someone actually found interest in eunji. how could anyone deal with someone that annoying?

by the time he snapped out of it, she was still going. "i know you guys aren't like the closest closest but could you ask eunji if it's true? i really hope it's just a rumor."