AʀE ʏOᴜ sUʀE

Start from the beginning

He steadily walked into the room, without making any noise because that could alert my mother. While I began to rebuild myself as my whole body was amidst the pitch darkness of my room and my facet was soaked with the wetness of driblets.

His steps were so humble that no one could grasp he was even here.

"You shouldn't be here." I whispered in silence.

Instantly, he brought his forefinger close to my lips, "Shh! Don't speak. We can get caught." He knew I didn't want to be touched. His murmurs were enough to silence me.

He took his finger in another direction seeing the hesitant look on my countenance.

"Your mother is sleeping. We don't have much time. So here quickly finish your food." He handed me the plate filled with my favorite dishes. His smile was faint and his eyes were baffled. My somber orbs bulged at the sight of my treasured choice.

Insides of my stomach was growling with hunger. A week of eating a loaf of bread and banana has deprived me of any taste. I needed to eat this badly.

"Where did you..." I glanced at his visage making eye contact with his hazel chocolate brown optics.

His actions were way too generous for my poor heart to digest the fact that he doesn't hate me. That my father doesn't hate me. But my mother does. Being a woman how could she not understand another woman's pain. Specifically, when another woman is her own blood, her own daughter.

"Oh, I ordered it from your favorite restaurant. I know you like them. Your father commanded me to bring." He interrupted before I could complete my question. I loved the way he understands me so well.

"Have it. You look... really weak." He scratched the back of his nape.

"Uhm....Can I ask a question if you don't mind?" The look on his face was concerning but the tone of his voice was reluctant.

"Yes, go ahead." I nodded in response.

"Did he.....did he beat..you? I am so sorry for asking this but it's just that..." I was not expecting this at all.

"No, he didn't." I blatantly answered. Breaking the eye contact, I continued to have my food.

"Are you sure?" He glared at me with a worried look. I wonder if I am going to get exposed.

I once again nodded, avoiding the conversation to proceed further.

"If you are sure then what is this?" In a blink, he grabbed my hand and rolled the sleeves upwards.

My arms were showing a crisscross of cuts and bruises. I was shook that he noticed them. I tried my best to hide them. How did he? Nothing can be hidden from him I believe.

The time when I was forced to give a blowjob to that demon, self-harm was the only escape and I did the forth. Broke the glass and scratched in into my skin. Oops! I didn't stop the blood as it stained my dress.

Yes, it did pain but at least I could distract myself from the distress I was engraved to.

"I..I just got hurt. Leave it. It will be fine." I guess it won't be. Who knows I might have to try that again. Analyzing my situation, I could reckon that I badly needed therapy or it will be the worse for me. But the question is, what can be worse than what I am going through?

I knew having this conversation with him would end up with me blurting out the truth. Ways in which he looked at me with those sympathetic eyes, it is hard to not burst out into tears. Like really hard.

" This is not how you get hurt. It's either he beat you or you harmed yourself? Please tell." He adjusted in his position.

"Listen, I know it's difficult for you to share it with a guy. And I know that you might be thinking that your mother is against you and you need a woman to understand your pain. But trust me, I can understand your pain. I know I can't feel it. I know it is useless to explain this all. But I do not consider you to be wrong. You know right? You are having your father and me, by your side always." A trickle of tears swayed down my eyes as he said that.