Chap 8: Evening At The Institute

The two made themselves comfortable as they watched the garden, it was an open one and the wind blew gently making the plants sway gracefully. Sensho witnessed it all and cant help himself from smiling, Akali also relaxed and began to feel drowsy. Five minutes have passed and none uttered a single word, Sensho was observing the plants but was cut off as he felt Akali leaning over his right arm. Sensho looked at Akali and noticed the woman was asleep, he could only sigh and made Akali comfortable as he placed her head on his lap.

Sensho pat Akali's head lightly as to not wake her up as he continued observing the plants and noticed that one was still budding. He felt a little uneasy about this and made a slim tentacle to reach it, the tentacle reformed itself as a small hand like those of a child and slowly caressed the bud and felt it struggling than the others. Sensho kept thinking and thought the damage was located in the roots. The hand became tentacle again but much more slimmer like a thread, slowly it reached and he was right. The roots were bulged instead of spreading, Sensho made a small gesture in his left arm and the tentacle poured some magic directly to the bulge. The root started to become thinner and multiplied making Sensho smile.

The wind blew again and Sensho's hair flowed with it, Sensho relaxed and slowly slept. His mind however was not at peace as Sensho can see them now. Four people stood in front of him but their body was hidden in the dark along with their face.

"Aren't you getting close to people so suddenly?" a raspy voice asked and it came from the farthest on the left.

"Hmm, are you implying we should have prevented them?" Sensho replied.

"Well obviously, their conversations annoy me and so do you anyway," the raspy voice replied.

"I'd prefer to stay on their good side rather than their bad one. Not really great if it's your first day and you already made enemies," Sensho replied as he crossed his arms to his chest.

The man with a raspy voice could be heard to groan but Sensho paid no mind of it. Another voice talked and it was nervous yet soft.

"W-well you're right, j-just be careful in here, we d-don't want you forcing yourself," the voice said and it was coming from the second man to the left.

Sensho nodded and felt a prescence outside, he bid farewell and the four entities nodded. Sensho woke up and saw a woman with a red hair as her body was covered with plants making it her clothes. The lady looked at Sensho and he stared back with his dead blue eyes making the woman flinch lightly. Akali was still asleep on Sensho's lap and Sensho wanted to avoid any problems. The lady just sighed and went to the plant which had a problem with its roots, she carressed the bulb and Sensho felt as if they were communicating making him wonder. The lady nodded as she rose and went back to Sensho, she bowed wich made Sensho confused a little.

"Thank you for saving my child," the lady whispered to not wake Akali up.

"Ah, no worries. I just felt the same whenever I grew one of my own," Sensho replied through telepathy surprising the woman.

Sensho gestured his left arm to stay quiet as he returned to patting Akali, the woman then made some words in her mimd to respond.

"You can use such skill?" the woman asked through her mind and Sensho nodded.

"Indeed, I can only do this so don't worry if you think I can see your past," Sensho replied as he closed his eyes and smiled.

"Interesting, but still thank you truly for looking at my child," the lady replied.

"Like I said, no worries. Besides I've also grew trees before, I guess I could not help myself but to see and solve the problem," Sensho replied.

"Oh right, my name is Zyra Rise of the Thorns, are you the new one?" Zyra asked as she smiled.