Chap 6: Test?

Akali walked in front of the woman and spoke. "Hey Kayle, someone wants to join the Institute," Akali said making the woman look at her aith his bright yellow eyes.

Akali pointed to Sensho who had his arms crossed behind him and was looking around like an idiot. Kayle observed him and felt a strong magic coming from within so she nodded and gestured Sensho to follow her as the giant doors opened.

"Sensho the test is not easy and I hope you will pass, just promise me you will," Akali said with worry in her eyes making Sensho nodded.

"Fine, I'll finish this," Sensho said with a smile and followed Kayle inside. The door made a huge thud as it closed behind him but Sensho didn't bother to react when there was something interisting infront of him.

Sensho saw Kayle stopped in the middle a room and where 10 people surrounded it from above. The ceiling emitted a lichen color as if it was old and Sensho saw 10 high seats with one higher than the others. Every individual seated in there was wearing a cloak that had a ribbon, everyone had different colors of their own.

"Kayle, who is this?" an old voice said that came from a hooded man with a cyan stripe.

"Elders, he is planning to join the Institute," Kayle replied and made a bow while Sensho stood there, observing the people.

"Very well, I will dismiss you for now," an old man said with a golden ribbon engraved in its cloak.

Kayle bowed before she left and Sensho looked at the one with the golden stripe as his seat was higher than the others. This could only mean he is superior in a way that Sensho will not care anyway.

"Young man what is your name?" a woman's voice but old, asked him. Sensho looked at the one with a brighter yellow stripes similar to Kayle's eyes and replied.

"My name is Sensho and I've come to seek some knowledge you might have," Sensho replied with his original voice, it was deep and raspy but what makes it interesting was how it can intimidate those who listen.

"And what would that be?" the old man with red stripes asked calmly.

"Is there a way to end an island?" Sensho asked and a dark blue smoke came off from his shoulders, this made the elders confused. The elders murmured to themselves thinking if this was a riddle or maybe even a joke but the High Elder replied after a minute.

"I'm sorry but there is none that I could think of. Corrupting it would not end the island but make it suffer, destroying every inch of it would depend on how large it is," the elder replied.

This made Sensho clench his fist and felt something burning within him. Sensho unconsciously let out some magic to relieve this and the elders panicked at the feeling when the steam suddenly grow bigger and thicker making everyone in the room feel its danger. This was clearly what Sensho didn't want.

"Stop now young one!" the elder with dark blue stripes shouted making Sensho notice what he is doing so he stopped. The elders felt relieved and some were even scared at the pressure when Kayle entered with her weapon ready. Sensho sighed to remove some of his annoyance and rubbed his nape.

"High Elder, are you alright?" Kayle asked with worry and the elder with golden stripes nodded but his right arm was trembling.

Sensho was busy in his thoughts as the voices were troubling him. Curse to the heavens! A raspy voice shouted in Sensho's mind. Sensho was calm as he heard mumblings and curses from the others, the one with the softest voice tried to calm them all down while Sensho was also beginning to be irritated by their noise. He just frowned and opened his eyes that looked directly at the high elder.