Chap 5: To The Institute

Akali was...doubting wether to tell or not. There's no benefit to it, no matter how what happens Akali can't see any benefit Sensho would gain from it. Then there was that, a part was eager to say it, to ask for some closure but the guilt was holding her from spilling.

Her eyes fell to Sensho who had his gaze connected to the fire yet those dark blue eyes still glowed. It made her feel like he wouldn't care, that he wouldn't judge making her gulp those doubts.

"Fine...you win," Akali said as she closed her eyes. I just hope you wont hate me, Akali thought holding on to the belief that Sensho wouldn't judge.

Those words made Sensho shift his eyes to Akali whole the girl hugged her knee and buried her face. She was ashamed to show her face but she sighed when Akali refuser to cower in fear. So she looked at the fire and took off her mask.

"They wanted to kill me," Akali said but Sensho didn't react to it when he already figured that much.

"They tried quite a lot in the past too but I was always a step ahead of them...then they were able to force me," she continued and her eyes drifted away as she recalled it. Sensho can tell but he shushed.

"They sent me a letter...with an eyeball," Akali said and cleared out her throat whn she can feel something clumping inside that it almost feel suffocating.

"They forced me by threatening to kill those kids Sensho. They didn't even reach the age of 12,"Akali let out with a broken voice as tears fell nonstop.

"Those bastards set me in a trap but they didn't let them go! They had to kill those kids! Those ungrateful fuckers!" Akali growled as she clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Tears still flowed down but now a mix of rage showed yet Sensho simply observed with a nod.

"I managed to break free, killed those I could but I had to fall back. I kept running...then I met you," Akali said calming her nerves as she looked at the man who never broke his gaze. "Do you regret saving me now?" Akali asked faking a smile as those tears still came.

Sensho scoffed and placed a palm on top of her head causing the girl to flinch when this was a response she haven't thought to happen.

"Should I be?" Sensho replied causing a spark that ignited the fuel in her chest. Akali was confused yet somewhat angry about the response that he smacked his palm away before standing up and faced the Aman.

"Should I? Are you serious?! All because of me those children got involved! Because of me they killed those innocent lives!" Akali yelled punching her chest. Yet somehow she still cried when she has no intention to say it.

"What do you mean? I-..." Akali continued as her breaths turned heavy. "Because of me they..." she continued and her knee gave in forcing her to fall.

Sensho placed a knee down to be on her level before placing a hand to her shoulder. Akali sobbed as she faced the ground, clenching a piece of the ground.

"You see Akali, I've had so many regrets. Saving you can never be one of them because I believe that you are worthy to be helped," Sensho said as his voice softened. Akali flinched and look at him when she was surprised to hear it. She couldn't even tell herself that she deserve to live another day yet hearing someone say that sparked a bit of hope.

"And I'm sure that you're heart would tell you to do the same. Helping someone is in your nature, I know that. You could have ignored the letter but you didn't, you took it upon yourself to do what's right and you did. You've done nothing wrong Akali, so please...forgive yourself, " Sensho continued making Akali sniff before she wiped her tears from her cheeks. Somehow his words lightened up some burden then she heard Sensho chuckle.