Chapter 7: Smoker's warnings & an unwanted visit

Beginne am Anfang

"Mornin' detectives!" You heard Ace call. You couldn't shake what Smoker had said last night, to not take any business offers. He didn't need to tell you that, you wanted to make a name for yourself on your hard work and determination. And now being a single woman you could dedicate all your time to your business. 

A few hours passed and you made phone calls to the two college students. You were meeting both of them tomorrow to discuss pay, paperwork and benefits. You needed to go to the print shop to print the legal paperwork and add them to your employee tax. 

Ace's shift ended and he was about to go home when Sabo and Luffy came in, supposedly to pick him up. Luffy is been your best friend, a reason you had stayed friends for so long, you made it a personal vow to never ever date his brothers.

"Y/N!! I haven't seen you in forever I miss you!!" He threw his arms around your neck and hugged tight. 

"Missed you too Luffy."

"Than you should hang out with us more!"

"Hard to do when I have a business to run Luffy." He pouted and you rubbed his head. "I'll hang out with you this Sunday how about that? We can go to the amusement park?"

"YES!! Can Sabo and Ace come?"

"I don't care."

"Cool I'll invite Nami, Ussop, Franky and...him!" He pointed to Barto. "I'll text you later. C'mon Ace lets go!!" You laughed, he was in and out like a storm. 

"See ya later Y/N. Before I go though I'll take one Mocha and one Coffee cake. I want to surprise Koala. She'll be thrilled. She hasn't had this cake since you brought it over to Pops' house that last time."

"Hahaha okay okay."

"Why did it take you so long to put this on the menu by the way? Ace told me that about 75% of your sales is this cake." True it was, you were putting a lot of that money away so you could finally give Barto a bonus.

"Uh let's just say it's personal." There was a beat of silence before Sabo made his next statement.

"It has to do with Law doesn't it? I saw him the other day at a diner, he looked miserable. Why did you guys break up? I thought you guys were so happy. And you look like you haven't slept in weeks either."

"Sabo...please I don't want to talk about it or him for that matter. Can we please just drop it?" He sighed.

"Okay just promise me that you'll talk about it soon."

"When I'm ready."

"Hi! You guys still open?" That voice, the reason why you were so miserable. You looked up to see Monet. Wearing her scrubs and her hair was up in a braid. Even with no makeup, and no real outfit she was still a bombshell, which pissed you off. You were the kind of person who needed to put in a lot of effort to look halfway decent. 

"Yes we are. Here Sabo $7.50 is your total. Tell Koala I said hi." He gave you a twenty.

"Keep the change. I'll see you Sunday." He gave you a hug and left.

"Wow moved on quickly didn't you? Then again he's pretty good looking. Not as good looking as Law but still handsome enough for you I guess." You were not going to let her bait you. She'd gotten what she wanted, she already won, there was no reason to get snippy.

"Do you want a specialty coffee or a self serve?"

"Actually I'll take a Chai infused tea."

"Which fruit would you like?"

"I would say banana but I've had my fill of that as of today, so I'll do raspberries instead." You tried to not let your flinch show. She wanted a reaction out of you.