²⁵ 𝘼.𝙄.𝘿.𝘼

Start from the beginning

"I'm almost done," said Y/N.

"Rumlow's headed to the Council. Southwest stairwell."

"I'm on it," Sam replied and left the room after giving a nod to Y/N.

"Y/N," Maria came into the comms again, "You've gotta either shut AIDA down, or reboot her because they've locked the targeting grid."

"Copy that," Y/n replied and tapped her foot impatiently as the screen showed the sign: 65% COMPLETE. "Come on. Come to mama, come to mama—"

Y/N stumbled forward onto the table as a hard, cold metal came in contact with the back of her head with a lot of force. Sloppily, she turned around with the support of the table and saw Ivan smirking down at her with a steel battle stave.

"Asshole," Y/N grumbled and kicked him back into a chair with all her strength.

"Language!" Steve yelled.

Y/N paused and blinked at nothing, "Did you just say 'language'? Did anyone else hear that?"

"You're gonna tell Tony about this, aren't you?" she could hear Steve's regret in his voice.

"Oh, not just Tony," Y/N grinned to herself. But it dropped as soon as she noticed Ivan get to his feet. He flexed his hand to his side to reveal a knife. "Now really," she rolled her eyes at him.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"I'm on 41," Rumlow spoke into the radio to the other S.T.R.I.K.E members, "headed towards the southwest stairwell." He pushed the door open and walked into a large combined office.

Sam came from the side and punched him square on the jaw. Rumlow stumbled forward on his feet. Sam caught the side of his face and kneed him on his face. Rumlow caught his hands, twisting them inwards and headbutted him.

"This is gonna hurt," he said after pushing Sam to the ground, "There are no prisoners within HYDRA. Just order," he removed his bulletproof vest, "And order only comes through pain. You ready for yours?"

"Man, shut the hell up," Sam muttered in anger at him and they both charged at each other with raised fists.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Holding Y/N in a choke hold, Ivan caught her left hand and twisted it with a sickening crack. Y/N cried out in pain as her elbow trembled slightly and the pain spread throughout her whole arm. She flipped Ivan over her, onto the floor on his back in front of her and pointed her gun at him.

"Do it then," he urged, leaning up slightly. Y/N placed her finger on the trigger, but didn't pull it, "Why are you hesitating? Isn't this what you did before S.H.I.E.L.D? Old habits die hard, baby." Y/N's hands trembled slightly at the memory and she adjusted her grip.

Ivan kicked the gun out of her hand and rammed a nearby chair into her hip. She groaned in pain and slumped against it. She saw Ivan crawl towards the gun and pushed the chair towards him.

Holding her injured hand close to her chest, she grabbed the gun before he could and shot Ivan twice in the chest, letting out a breath. 

She stared at his lifeless form, blood oozed out from the back of his body and pooled around him

She stared at his lifeless form, blood oozed out from the back of his body and pooled around him. His eyes stared into nothing as he let out one last breath. 

"Welcome back, Ms. Dmitri."

AIDA's voice snapped her out of her guilt trance and she walked towards the monitor. REBOOT COMPLETE.

She let out a sigh of relief and rested her head against the table top. "This is Recluse," she pressed her earpiece, "AIDA's down. I repeat, AIDA's down."

A crashing sound caught her attention and she saw the wing of the helicarrier breaking through the walls and doors of the building like a hot knife through butter.

"Y/N, Y/N where are you?" she heard Nat speak.

"East side of the building," Y/N replied as the helicarrier inched closer. She picked up the battle stave and flexed it, making a large curved hook pop out. Y/N jumped out, crashing through the glass and hooked the blade of the stave into the side of the building.

She downward, clinging desperately to the handle of the stave. A helicopter emerged from the side of the building. Fury piloted it closer to her and Y/N jumped right inside.

Catching her breath, Y/N rolled on to her back and turned to Nat, "Did it look cool? It felt cool."

Fury shook his head at her in amusement and relief.  Nat adjusted her earpiece, "Sam, where are you?"

"41st floor! Northwest stairwell!" he yelled frantically.

"We're on it! Stay where you are!" she responded as the chopper picked up it's speed.

"Not an option!"

Fury stopped the chopper right below the helicarrier as Y/N dragged herself up to the seat next to Nat. He saw Sam jump out of the building and tilted the chopper. Sam fell into the door of the chopper and almost slid out through the other one, but Nat and Y/n pulled him up together.

"41 floor!" Sam yelled and held onto the handle for support, "41st!"

"It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building," Fury defended himself

Panicking for a moment, Y/N patted the pockets of pants hurriedly and let out a breath of relief as she felt the drive. Whatever it was, Y/N thought, rested her head back on the seat with closed eyes and hugged her broken arm closer to her, it wasn't something she'd be pleased with.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .