⁷⁹ 𝙅𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙥𝙨

"Tony, listen to me—"

"Y/N—"

"Why don't you get that this is the right thing to do?" she stared down at the floor with crossed arms.

Both of them were arguing back and forth, cleaning up the dirty dishes in the sink and racking them up in the shelves. Y/N couldn't get the whole time-travel idea out of her head. She had been stuck on that thought ever since Scott left with Steve and Nat.

"Y/N, I'm not implying that it's wrong," Tony raised his voice, "It's just that I have too much that I'm not willing to give up. All this, Pepper, Morgan. I can't lose them."

"Tony, you won't. I won't let you," Y/N looked up at him and that's when he noticed her glassy eyes, "All this," she repeated his words, waving a hand around at the drawing that Morgan had laid out on the dining table, "I can't have it even if I want to. But what I can actually have is," she stopped her herself when she heard her voice waver, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't raise my voice," she washed the last plate and forced it into his arms, drying her palms out with a rag cloth. "Just please think about it."

With that Y/N spun around on her heel and strode out of the kitchen, jogging up the stairs. Tony stared after her, a part of him agreed with her and the other didn't. His eyes fell on the framed picture on the shelf above and he picked it up. Wiping the water droplets off with a cloth, he observed the picture:

Tony, Y/N, Peter, and Joanna were in it. Y/N was in between the men with Joanna, begrudgingly smiling for the picture. Untold to her, the other three had teamed up and stuck two fingers each at the back of her head, making it appear as though she had grown multiple horns. He looked up from the photo to where Y/N was last standing, zoning out.

Unknown to them, Pepper had listened to their entire conversation from the back door, biting her thumb nail in contemplation.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .