⁸⁷ 𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛

"Did we get them all?" asked Bruce as everyone's time travel disappeared back to reveal their original clothes and everyone landed on the Quantum tunnel platform

"Are you telling me that this actually worked?" Rhodey grinned, holding up the silver orb that had the Power Stone.

 On cue, Clint fell to his knees, catching the group's attention at once.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked him. He didn't answer, and Bruce turned to the woman beside him, "Y/N?"

Y/N just shook her head and looked away, unable to speak as she still hadn't recovered from loosing Nat. Bruce dropped to his knees and thumped his fist on the glass platform.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Steve, Thor, Clint, Tony and Bruce stood together on the dock over the lake behind the Avengers compound. 

"Do we know if she had a family?" Tony  looked ahead at the land where Y/N was standing, away from the the men and skipping stones on the lake, grieving alone.

"Yeah," Steve replied, tears falling down his cheeks, "Us."

"What?" Thor raised an eyebrow at him.

"Huh?" Tony turned to him.

"What are you doing?"

"I just asked him a question."

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why're we acting like she's dead? We have the Stones right?" he turned back to Tony, "As long as we have the Stones, Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit," he grumbled, "We're the Avengers. Get it together."

"We can't get her back," Clint spoke up.

"What's he— What?" he stumbled on his words.

"It can't be undone," he looked at him, "It can't."

Thor couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "Look, no offence, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic here. And 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?"

"No, that's my point."

"It can't be undone," Clint's voice quivered, "Or that's at least what the red floating guy in the cape had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay?" he snapped, "Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him!" his voice cracked, "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn Stone. She bet her life on it."

Grunting in anger, Bruce grabbed the bench in front of him and hurled it into the lake, "She's not coming back," he turned to face the rest, "We have to make it worth it. We have to."

"We will," Steve assured.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

While the men were conversing at the dock of the lake, Y/N as staring off into nothing beyond the lake, far away from them, as her mind replayed Nat's last words on her mind

Closing her eyes with a deep breath, she let out a single, long whistle note.

Except, this time, she won't be getting one back from Nat, like she had been in the past. She knew it, but didn't want to accept it.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .