⁶⁵ 𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

A/N: The picture above is the suit Y/N and Tony designed for Joanna, btw

"Now I thought we had a deal," Nat said as the hatch of the Quinjet started to shut, "Stay close, check in, don't take any chances," she walked past Y/N to her seat.

"I'm sorry," Wanda replied, "We just wanted time."

"If we're all apologizing," Joanna slid in from the roof of the Quinjet, just as the door closed. She landed in front of Y/N in a crouching position, her curls pulled up in a high pony, "I'm sorry too."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Y/N gaped at her with wide eyes.

"I found the Jet so—"

"Nat," she spun around to face her, "Why didn't you hide the damn Jet?" she gritted her teeth together.

"How is this about me?" Nat blinked in confusion, "And Sam was the one who was operating, not me."

"You're supposed to be back home by now!" Y/N turned back to the teen in front of her as soon as Sam was mentioned. Both of them hadn't spoken a word to each other since Nat and her joined Steve and Sam on the run, other than being petty and coming up with new nickname; which was mostly Y/N's part.

"—This suit is sick, by the way," Joanna rambled in awe, removing her goggles to take a better look, "It's just perfect. Thank you, Ms. Dmitri," there was a large smile on her face, "And I think it's only fair, if you take part blame for it," she tried to reason, "I mean, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this suit."

"Excuse me?" Y/N raised her eyebrows to the heavens, resting her hands on her hips.

"I take that back," she held her hands up in surrender with wide eyes, instantly regretting her words.

"Where's your aunt?"

"In the States," she replied quickly with a wince.

"What?!"

"I came here to visit my grandmother," she shrugged, "I'm 1/4th Scottish."

"Oh, for God's sakes," Y/N pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"I'm coming with you."

"The hell you are," she rolled her eyes.

"No! Please. Please," Joanna took a few steps forward, trying to persuade, "I can help. You saw those weird blue guys!" she pointed at the door of the Quinjet, "Coming for his Stone," she then pointed at Vision, "I took them down!"

"Absolutely—"

"Y/N," Nat spoke up, "We are undermanned, you know."

"And besides," Steve walked towards the ladies, "A little help wouldn't hurt," he turned to see Joanna staring at him with wide eyes, "I don't think we've met formally," he held out a hand, "Steve Rogers."

"I, uh," Joanna stuttered, trying to gather herself in front of Captain America, "Yeah, uh, Joanna Sanchez. Meet to nice you. I mean," her ears reddened in embarrassment, "Nice to meet you, Captain."

Steve gave her a polite smile and turned to still frowning Y/N, "We could really use her help, N/N."

"Besides, I can't be a friendly-neighbourhood Ace, if there's no neighbourhood," Joanna explained. Y/N gave her a weird look and the teen cringed at herself, "Okay, I know it makes no sense, but you get what I mean, right?" 

"Fine," she sighed and walked towards her with an outstretched arm. Joanna opened her arms at once. "What are you doing?"

"I thought, um," Joanna snapped her hands to her sides awkwardly, "I thought we were going to hug."

"We're not there yet, remember?" she replied and made a movement of placing a sword on both her shoulders with the side of her palm, "Welcome to the team, kid. You're an Avenger now," she walked away to her seat, deep in thought.

Nat walked over to a beaming Joanna and guided her to a seat, checking her for any wounds that she might have got.

"Where to Cap?" Sam asked from the pilot seat.

Steve sat on the seat beside Joanna and patted her back encouragingly, "Home."

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"You know everybody here, right?" Y/N tied her long hair into a messy bun, "Oh, and that's my pathetic, so called, ex-boyfriend, right there," she waved a hand at Sam who had just stood up from the pilot seat, "You've met him right? Say hello to Flappy Bird."

"Hello, Mr. Wilson," Joanna gave a small smile with a swift wave of her hand.

"No need for that," he shook his head, "I'm Sam."

"I'm Sam," Y/N repeated his words in a childish voice. He narrowed his eyes at her and turned away with a 'hmph!'

"Er, Sorry for hitting you in the, uh," Joanna scratched her head sheepishly, "Baby making centre the last time we met," she said lowly, making Nat smirk and Wanda giggle.

"Never apologize for doing something right, Jo," Y/N grinned. Joanna beamed as she had never been addressed by her nickname by her mentor.

"It's alright, kid," Sam waved it off, ignoring Y/N's comment.

Y/N collapsed on the seat opposite to him, "Hit it, DAVID."

"Ms. Dmitri, is it really necessary?" the AI questioned, almost sounding fed up at this point.

"Yep."

After a few seconds, a song started to play through the speakers of the Quinjet.

'I kissed a girl and I liked it'

Sam snapped his head to his ex with wide eyes. Y/N blew him a kiss, crossing her knees and leaning back on the seat with a satisfied expression, hands laced together behind her head.

Nat facepalmed at the two; Wanda slowly nodded in amusement. Steve and Vision looked back and forth between the two exes, as though watching a tennis rally.

"What's going on?" Joanna leaned closer to Nat on her side, eyes glued to her mentor in confusion.

"You don't wanna know," Nat rolled her eyes.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .