⁰⁸ 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙥𝙩-2

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't shut the portal," panted Nat as Y/N and Steve joined her after clearing their area

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," said Steve looking up at the portal.

"Maybe it's not about guns,"

Y/N gasped and Nat and Steve turned to see her beaming. She pressed the earpiece, "AIDA, you there?"

"Yes, Ms. Dmitri"

"Stark and Thor tried to blast it but it didn't work, because it was something foreign and it's opposing against it," Y/N brainstormed as  Nat and Steve watched her in confusion and listened to her conversation with the AI through the earpiece after she tapped them in, "but what if I penetrate and breakthrough it by something which is similar to it in structure? Like the Chitauri's staff or—"

"The Sceptre?" prompted the AI.

"Exactly!" she snapped her fingers, "Will it work?"

"There is a 97% possibility of success,"

"What about the rest 3%?"

"There is a low chance that the energy from the Sceptre might combine with the Tesseract and empower it."

"Worth a shot," shrugged Nat.

Steve nodded, "You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride,"

"I got our ride," said Nat, tossing aside the staff and walking backward. Y/N followed her gaze and smirked, "I could use a boost though,"

"You two sure about this?" Steve asked them, holding his shield up.

"Yeah," said Y/N stepped back, "It'll be fun. Nat," she nodded forward and climbed on the wall behind her.

Nat sprinted forward, jumped on the car, and then on Steve's shield. He boosted her upwards; she caught the edge of a flying cart. Y/N jumped and caught the edge beside Nat.

Y/N climbed on the cart and helped Nat up. She kicked a Chitauri off the cart as Nat pulled out a knife, cut off the chain of the other, and stabbed it. Nat pierced the knife on the Chitauri's back that was driving, "Okay, turn, turn." Y/N sat down and hung for dear life. She ducked as a few shots were fired on their cart. Tony reached them, blasted the cart that was tailing them, and flew away. 

"Come on, Nat," Y/N urged her and flinched slightly when a blast hit the floor on her right. She looked up and saw Loki guiding one of the cars, "You," she rolled her eyes and turned forward.

They took a swift right then a left and Loki kept firing at them. "Hawkeye!" Nat yelled.

"Nat, N/N, What are you doing?" he asked watching the two from the building with astonishment.

"Mind giving us a hand?" shouted Y/N.

"I got him," said Clint and released his arrow as they flew to the top of the Stark Tower.

Loki caught the arrow before it hit him, but it exploded and he was thrown off the cart. Y/N and Nat jumped together and landed on the gravel on the Tower.

A glowing light caught their eyes and they saw the Tesseract glowing between a gear hold. Nat walked towards it as Y/N looked around for the sceptre, assuming it might have been close as Loki fell into the tower.

"The sceptre...." someone murmured behind Nat.

"Doctor,"

Selvig panted, "Loki's sceptre, the energy. The Tesseract can't fight, but you cant protect yourself against it."

"It's not your fault," Nat assured him, "You didn't know what you were doing."

"Actually I think I did," he frowned, "I built in a safety to cut their power source,"

"Loki's sceptre," said Nat as Y/N's words came back to her mind.

"It maybe be able to close the portal," he looked down, "And I'm looking right at it."

Nat followed his gaze to the floor below and smiled when she saw Y/N waving the sceptre in her hand with a grin like a child.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

After Y/N reached Nat and Dr. Selvig, she walked towards the gear holding the Tesseract with Nat.

"Right at the crown," said Dr. Selvig as he set up his laptop to check the reading. Together, Y/N and Nat pierced the tip of the sceptre through the blueish-white barrier and pushed it in. They stopped it right before it could touch the Tesseract.

"We can close it," said Nat into the comms, "Does anybody copy? We can close the portal,"

"Do it," said Steve

"No," said Tony, "Wait," 

"Stark these things are still coming in,"

"I've got a nuke coming in. It's gonna blow in less than a minute and I know just where to put it."

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip."

But there was no reply from Tony and his side of the comms went static.

Y/N, Nat, and Selvig saw Tony fly past them, upwards, and finally into the portal. They watched and waited for Tony to fall through, but he didn't.

"Come on, man," Y/N muttered to herself, "Come on..."

They heard a muffled explosion and Y/N's breath hitched. She still kept staring at the open portal as an orange lighted up in it.

"Close it," said Steve.

Reluctantly, Nat and Y/N pushed the Sceptre into the Tesseract. The gear shot one final blue into the portal and it started closing. But just at it was about to completely close, a figure in red and gold fell through the sky. 

Nat let out a chuckle and Y/N released a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"Son of a gun."

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Loki stumbled to his knees and took the support of the podium to sit, groaning. He took a deep breath and froze when he felt someone's presence.

He turned around and saw Clint with his bow and arrow in position, held in front of him. Y/N, who was beside him, cocked her gun. Tony, Steve, and Hulk stood behind them glaring at Loki. Thor was breathing heavily with a scowl next to Nat, who was holding the sceptre.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .