twenty-eight | dance

*skipped to Friday aka the dance*

Julie was in the bathroom putting on her dress for the dance. I already had mine on with my hair put down with two strands of braids across my head like a crown.

This was supposed to be an important dance and we were supposed to dress really nice so I was not looking forward to see a bunch of guys in suits but girls in dresses, yes.

Julie walked out looking amazing, "Julie you look..." I was speechless. "Thank you." She replied smiling a bit. "Alright well let's get going!" I said. She grabbed her purse and we stepped out of the dorm.

Charlie and who ever her date was I think it was Mike or something because her and that one football dude broke up for some reason so I don't even know.

I saw the rest of team standing around so we walked over to them. "Looking good." Portman said. "Thanks." I replied taking the drink out of his hand. "Hey!" He said. "What?" I asked taking a drink of it.

"You bitch." He scoffed. I smiled and Charlie walked over to us. "Hey beautiful." He whispered while wrapping his arms around my waist. I turned my head to see his laying on my shoulder.

He looked at me and I pecked him on the lips. There was a bunch of people dancing in suits gave me dirty dancing vibes but less fun. Charlie took my drink and chugged the rest of it, "Here you go Portman!" I said passing him the empty cup.

He rolled his eyes then threw the cup away. "I'm gonna go talk to someone real quick." Charlie said walking away. He came back then twirled me around, "Wanna dance?" He asked me while sticking his hand out. "Oh how I would love to!" I replied talking his hand.

He smiled and we walked over to wear everyone was dancing. It was this super high bass song but then the DJ turned on 'Out Of My League' I smiled at Charlie and he returned it.

We moved around a little while everyone else had no clue. It felt like it was only me and Charlie there. He was lip syncing the song trying to get a laugh out of me, he successfully did it.

I goofily danced around him. One girl looked at me in disgust. I ignored it and kept me eyes on Charlie who was looking at all the other guys standing around. I grabbed his face and forced it towards me.

"Those guys are losers." I said. He smiled and spun me around. I put my arms on his shoulders then made like a necklace type thing around his neck with my arms. He pecked me on the lips.

Every other couples danced a bit. I grabbed his hands and started shaking them up and down while swinging him around a bit.

That song turned off so me and Charlie went to get a drink real quick. He spun me around yet again then kissed me on the tip of my nose. I smiled and he passed my drink to me.

I drank all of it then threw the cup away. He did the same pulling me over to Adam and Victoria. "Hey!" Victoria said to me. "Hi!" I replied. She smiled and Adam kissed her on the cheek.

'Rude' came on and I looked at Charlie knowing this was his favorite song. He started lip syncing along, and grabbed my arms. I rolled my eyes playfully, he started rocking us back and forth.

We danced until the next song came on, "The Best Of Times." Is what it's called. Everyone got in a slow dancing postition so I did too with Charlie.