Chapter 15 - The Secret Malfoy

Start from the beginning

Narcissa and Hermione glanced at each other. It was no secret that the two women were anything but friends. However, for Harriet, Draco, and the baby who was about to arrive, they left the room and walked down the hall in peace.

Narcissa didn't particularly want Hermione in her home but Hermione didn't care, she had fought beside Harriet for seven long years in grueling battles.

Hermione was not going to abandon Harriet in the middle of the omega's greatest fight since the war.

—————————————————————

Draco tried his best to bat away his all-consuming instincts and stay level-headed with Harriet.

While they waited for the healer and the midwife to come in, he kept his omega on her side where she was comfortable and whispered to her soothingly while he gently rubbed her back and arms to help her relax.

The midwife and healer eventually did knock on the door and Draco gave them permission to enter with a single call, "Come in!"

The Malfoy family healer entered the room along with the midwife.

They whispered greetings to the couple and Draco helped Harriet to sit up with a groan. As she clutched onto him, he gently parted her legs so the two female healthcare workers could perform their exam.

Unfortunately, as soon as Harriet was sitting on her bottom, another deep pain began and she whimpered. The midwife smiled softly while Draco let Harriet brace herself against him and hold his hands for support. 

"Breathe......." Draco whispered to Harriet as she gasped against his chest, "Breathe, there, just like that.........well done."

The Malfoy family healer remained stony-faced through the tender scene.

Once Harriet relaxed again, the midwife quickly began her exam and once she found evidence of what she had been searching for, with the healer's approval, she glanced up at Draco and Harriet with a happy smile, "Yes, the child is on its way. It may take some time or it may happen quick, every baby's different."

Draco nodded as Harriet sighed against him, feeling her womb threaten to tense again.

"Most mothers have an easier time in the birthing bed if they're comfortable while they do their work. We'll wait outside, Mr. Malfoy, when you need us, just call us and we'll come in." The midwife nodded.

The healer and midwife went to leave but as they walked towards the door and Draco remained with Harriet, the Malfoy family healer glared over at him as she stated, "A man has no place in the birthing room. You need to leave, you'll only be a hindrance."

On the bed, in front of Draco, Harriet groaned quietly while another pain started in the base of her belly. As it grew in intensity, Draco frowned in sympathy while Harriet panted. To try and ease her discomfort, Draco took up massaging her back again.

While he assisted Harriet, he scowled over at the healer and retorted, "I wasn't a hindrance when my baby was conceived. Tell me, Healer, how many wild thestrals have you brought to drag me away from my mate? That's the only way you'll get me to leave her side now."

The healer and Draco exchanged icy glares before she eventually yielded, turned, and followed the midwife out of the room.

—————————————————————

With his mother, Hermione, the midwife, and the healer waiting outside, Draco was finally free to see to Harriet's needs.

Harriet's scent was thick and suffocatingly sweet, which was good, because it spoke to Draco and guided him about what he could do to help.