Vol. 3 Ch. 28 Aftermath Part 2

Ruby's POV

I opened the bedroom door and saw Y/N lying on his bed with an empty chair next to the bed. He looked like he was a very deep sleep and his skin was kinda pale. I went over to him, held his hand, and said, "Hey, bro. I don't know if you can hear me, but it's me, Ruby. I finally woke up. I miss you and I'm pretty sure Yang does too. Uncle Qrow and my dad also miss you." When I heard the door to the bathroom across the hall open, I let go of his hand and turned to see Pyrrha exiting the bathroom. When she saw me, she said, "Hello, Ruby. Glad to see you're up." I nodded as I noticed that she wasn't speaking in her usual cheerful tone. I went over to her and hugged her as I said, "I'm so glad you and Y/N are both safe." She hesitated for a moment before hugging me back. We pulled out of the hug and she sat down in the chair next to the bed. She sighed and said, "I really hope he wakes up soon. If it weren't for him, I probably would've have been killed by Cinder. But after whatever you did that caused the white light, I had regained just enough energy to use my Semblance to make his weapon kill her." I nodded and said, "My brother was definitely the kind of person to risk his life for those be cared about." Pyrrha grabbed Y/N's hand and interlaced her fingers with his. Then she broke down into tears and said, "I miss him so much." I went over and did my best to comfort her as I said, "I do too. We'll just have to give him time. If I know anything about brother, I know that he's too strong to let this affect him." Pyrrha sniffled as she nodded and said, "You're right." I smiled warmly and said, "I'm glad that you two are okay. You know, I don't think I had ever seen him happier than he was when he was with you."

Pyrrha's POV

I smiled slightly when I heard Ruby say that and I replied, "Thanks, Ruby. You're a great sister." She smiled and nodded before she left the room. I sighed and looked back over at my comatose boyfriend. I glanced over at his weapon, Cosmos, sitting in the corner of the room, against the wall while in its sniper rifle mode. I then heard a knock on the open door and saw Y/N's dad standing there. He looked at me and said, "Mind if we talk with the door closed?" I nodded slowly and he closed the door. Qrow sat down on the edge of the bed and said, "The others won't hear us. A few years back, I had this room soundproofed so I could talk in private with Y/N if I needed to. We won't have to worry about the others overhearing us." I nodded in understanding as Qrow gave Y/N a good look. Then he said, "So you managed to kill Cinder?" I nodded and replied, "After that white light went away, I realized that some of my Aura had returned. It wasn't a lot, but just enough for me to use my Semblance on Y/N's sword and make it stab Cinder in the chest, killing her." He nodded and said, "Would I be correct to assume that you've received the Fall Maiden's powers now?" I sighed and embraced my newly received powers as a red fiery glow appeared around my eyes. Qrow's eyes widened a slight bit and said, "You can stop so you don't push yourself with your new ability. This is good, though. This means that we don't need to worry about the Maiden's powers being in the wrong hands. If my son trusts you as much as I've heard, I trust you to be a very responsible person with these powers. I trust my son's judgment quite a lot. I also believe that he's made the right choice with you." I nodded as I stopped using my powers and said, "Thank you, Mr. Branwen." He chuckled lightly and said, "Please call me Qrow." I smiled slightly and said, "Okay." He smirked and said, "Now if I know Ruby like I think I do, she'll more than likely head to Haven Academy in Mistral so prevent what happened at Beacon from happening again. I'll follow her to keep an eye on her when she does leave, but I'm interested in whether or not you'll join her."

I took a deep breath, made my decision, and said, "I think that it'll be best if I stay here with Y/N. After everything he and I have been through, he'll need me at his side when he wakes up." Qrow smirked and said, "I was hoping you'd say that. Y/N definitely knows how to choose them. If you don't mind, I think it'd be good for you to get used to your new ability in tbe meantime, but don't get too carried away or you're likely to catch some unwanted attention. Just saying." He stood up and headed towards the door. As he opened it, he paused, turned back to me, and said, "You'll take care of him, won't you?" I smiled as I nodded and said, "Absolutely." He smiled and left the room. A few minutes later, Y/N's uncle came into the room and said, "He's still in the coma, huh?" I nodded as I looked at my boyfriend's pale body on the bed. Tai sighed and said, "Well, I thought that you might be hungry, so I brought you some breakfast." I looked at him, seeing the tray of food in his hands, and said, "Yes, please. Thank you." He smiled and said, "No problem. Considering what you and my nephew have been through together, you're part of this family now, Pyrrha." I smiled as he handed me the tray of food before he left the room. I turned to Y/N's comatose body, planted a kiss on his cheek, and said, "I love you, Feathers." Then I started eating the food that Tai had brought me.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Neo building a snowman)

Ruby's POV

I stepped outside, wearing a backpack, and quietly shut the front door. I turn around and see Jaune, Nora, and Ren. Then Jaune said, "Hey." I smiled weakly and said, "Hey, Jaune. Haven's a long way to go." Jaune nodded and said, "I know. It's the only way we have." I asked them, "Are you sure you want to come along?" Ren replied, "The journey will be perilous, and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain." Then Nora added, "But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it." I smiled and said, "Then let's get started." Then the four of us began our long trek, down the road leading away from my house, until a familiar voice called out and said, "Wait up, you four!" I turned and saw none other than Pyrrha, who didn't have anything packed up nor did she have her weapons. She walked over to us and said, "I'm not going with you four, but I just want to say good luck to you all. I'm positive that we'll see each other again. I'm going to stay here with Y/N. He's probably going to need me here when he wakes up." I nodded and hugged Pyrrha. She froze up for a second before hugging me back. Then she said, "Be careful and be safe, Ruby." I smiled and said, "I will." Then I turned to the others and said, "Okay, now let's go."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.