Vol. 1 Ch. 5 First Day Of Class

Your POV

I woke up in my dorm. It had one double bed instead of four twin beds. It had an attached bathroom for me. I got up and put on my uniform. I checked the time and saw that it was 8:30am. Since my first class was at 9, I decided to head there now. I paused outside of my sister's dorm and heard construction noises coming from inside. I decided to leave them be and just head to class. When I got there, I saw that I was one of the first students to arrive. I turned to Professor Port and said, "Excuse me, Professor." He turned to me and said, "What is it, future Huntsman?" I rolled my eyes and said, "I think that Team RWBY and Team JNPR might be running a bit late to class this morning." Port nodded and said, "I see. Well, thanks for the heads-up. I'll excuse them if they are indeed late." I nodded and took a seat.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Qrow flying into a window)

Port said, "Ahh, yes. Team RWBY and Team JNPR, so glad you could join us in time. Luckily for you, one of your classmates let me know that you may be late. So I'll let it go." Some of the students started to snicker while the two teams just shyly looked away embarrassed, except for me. Then Port said, "Well, go up and take your seats." They went up and found some open seats close to the front of the class. I ended up sitting between to Ruby and Pyrrha. Port then said, "Monsters, demons, prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey, HAHA!"

I simply shake my head at Professor Port's bad attempt at a joke, I look over a see that Ruby fell asleep in class on my shoulder. I nudged Ruby's head, causing her to wake up. Then I whispered to her, "Come on his class isn't that boring. Just stay awake for today, for me? I'll get you some cookies." Ruby nodded and said, "Mhhh....okay." Port continued, "Uhhhh... and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsman and Huntresses." He pauses and winks at Yang causing her to awkwardly groan. Then Port continues, "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what you ask? Why, the very world! That is what you are training to become, but first a story, a tale of a young handsome man, ME! When I was a boy..." I started to not pay attention anymore because all he started to do now was talk about himself. I thought to myself, Dad was a better teacher than this.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.