Vol. 1 Ch. 2 The Redhead

Your POV

Ruby, Yang, and I, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school. As we all took in the entirety of Beacon Academy, we all said in unison, "Wow..." Yang then said, ""The view from Vale's got nothing on this!" Ruby then got overly excited and said, "Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" She tried getting closer, but Yang pulled our little sister by the hood back, causing Ruby to say, "Ow! Ooww!" Yang said, "Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!" Ruby replied, "'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!" Then I said, "Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?" Transforming her weapon into its scythe form, my sister replied, "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better..." Playfully pushing Ruby's hood down over her face, Yang said, "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?" Taking off her hood, Ruby said, "But... why would I need friends if I have you two?" Yang replied, "Well..." In a flash, a group of other students surround Yang and they all dashed down the road as Yang said, "Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!" Then I caught a glimpse of a familiar redhead strolling by. I took Ruby's moment of confusion and walked over to the redhead. I cleared my throat and said, "Well, if it isn't Pyrrha Nikos." She turned and looked at me. When she saw that it was me, she smiled and said, "Y/N Branwen. It's wonderful to see you again." I nodded and said, "Nice to see you too. I've heard you've been doing well in Mistral, so what made you come to Beacon?" She smiled and said, "Because Beacon Academy is one of the best Huntsman and Huntress Academies in all of Remnant. That and I was kinda hoping to meet some people that don't act like I'm above them. Most people see my celebrity status before considering my personal self." I nodded as I placed my hand on her shoulder and said, "Well, I don't. When we first met in Mistral, at your 2nd Mistral Region Tournament, I got to know the real you, not the celebrity that everyone else saw you as. So if you ever need a true friend to talk to, all you have to do is ask me." She smiled and hugged me. I was caught off guard, but the moment was quickly interrupted by the sound of an explosion somewhere else in the courtyard. Pyrrha quickly pulled out of the hug and said, "Thanks, Y/N." I smiled and said, "No problem. Anything for a friend. Now I'm going to go see what that noise was, I'll see you later."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.