All Things Must Come to an End

Start from the beginning

My heart stopped. I looked at him with complete shock, wondering if I had heard right. "You what?"

"I bought a ring."

"Like a plastic ring? A glass ring? A ring pop?"

"An engagement ring, Erza." I fell in my chair in complete shock. Natsu had gone insane. He probably thought that if he proposes to her everything will be fine and dandy. I wanted to call him a complete idiot, but I felt sorry for him mostly. He was a fool in love with a dead girl. I buried my face in my hands and groaned. "Is this really a good idea, Natsu. Think about it slowly and clearly."

"I have now for almost two weeks!" He exclaimed quietly so that he wouldn't wake up Lucy. "I'm eighteen, and she's turning eighteen this year. The government will take into consideration of Lucy's condition and let us get married. And then-"

"What if she says no?" I asked bluntly. He looked at me as if I had asked a taboo question. I shrugged and stated the facts. "Lucy is depressed, Natsu. She no longer has any hope that she will survive this thing. She doesn't think that she'll ever be able to walk down to the alter, have children, or have a normal life in general. You suddenly popping the question won't help her case." By the look of his face, Natsu knew that I was right. But being the ignorant man that he was, he shook his head and ignored my words.

My phone suddenly then began to vibrate. I looked at my phone and saw a text message from Jellal.

Lets meet up at the cafe. I wanna see you

I sighed at the text and felt my heart almost flutter. I wanted to see the man I loved too. But there was still a little bit of uncertainty inside of me. Ever since his sister-Wisteria or something- rolled into town, I've been scared of losing him. Just like I had overheard, he's dropped a few relationships to have some "fun" with his biological sister. I quickly text him back:

Ill be there soon <3

I instantly regretted the heart emoticon.

"Hey, I'm going to head out now before Lucy gets up. Try to get her to eat, and please, don't ask her today."

Natsu nodded. "I'll choose the right moment...Thanks Erza."

I smiled. I walked up to the sleeping Lucy and kissed the top of her beanie. "Don't fuck things up, Dragneel, or I'm seriously going to kill you." And with that, I hurried myself out of Lucy's room and made my way out of the hospital, getting slightly eager to meet with Jellal.

At the same cafe where I tried the strawberry cheesecake was where I found Jellal reading in the corner. He was wearing his fake thick rimmed glasses and a beanie to disguise his appearance, but other than that he was wearing some dark jeans and a t-shirt. I walked over to him and sat in front of him, grabbing his book and putting it face down on the table. Jellal looks up and smirks at my appearance, grabbing my hand and rubbing the top of it. "You look pretty handsome today."

"Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself," he said. Suddenly a waitress comes to our table with two cups of espressos and a plate of strawberry cheesecake. My stomach then began to growl as I witnessed the beauty being placed on the table. I looked up at Jellal and said, "You know me so well." I took a bite of the cake and immediately moaned. After today, I really needed this. Just me, my man, and my cheesecake. "So I've got some bad news for you," I told him with a  mouth full of cake.

"Bad news? What kind?" He asked.

"Fairy Tail Academy has been pulled from the tournament. So you won't get to see me in a leotard anytime soon," I chuckled, sticking my tongue out. Jellal looked at me wide eyed and groaned. "I payed good money to see you on the spotlight!"