2

(Kellin’s POV)

I sat silently in front of the TV as my mom slowly passed out. This was my quality time with her. I didn’t complain, for now I was just waiting. Waiting for the right time to make my move, just a couple more seconds and I could act before I could think. I looked up at the clock and then at the window. The time matched the sky, and it was clearly dark. I then looked at the TV once more, trying to distract myself from focusing on the clock. The little attention I gave to the screen made time fly.

I then couldn’t hold back and I looked at the clock once more. 7:00 P.M.
I looked up at my mom who was on the couch and for some reason she still wasn’t asleep.

“Mom?” I looked at her intently but feared her next movement.
“What do you want?” she asked, but she didn’t move a muscle to even glance at me.
“Can I go to my, um,” I thought of a location to go to in the house to plan my next movement. “To my room?” I finally decided on that.
“No,” she answered.
“I just need to get my book and I’ll come back quick,” I said.
“No,’ she said once more.
“Can I at least go to the bathroom?” I insisted.
“Come back quickly though,” she finally accepted.

I got up quickly and headed up stairs. I grabbed a backpack and threw in some good clothes and focused on trying to find necessary things. There’s no point in hiding it, I’m going to fucking run away. I clung to the bag and opened the window quietly. I then heard footsteps, due to the fact that house was very silent at the moment. I listened closely and placed my feet outside the window. I then heard the footsteps come closer, and I panicked.

I jumped out and rushed off the roof and hopped onto the ground. There was a terrible pinching feeling in my ankles but I ignored it and kept running. I ran for what felt like blocks and blocks and I could feel my lungs begin to cramp up against my rib cage. My throat was dry and I could feel something weird at the pit of my stomach. After I knew I was at a safe distance I slowed down and leaned against a wall. I then curled up a bit and couldn’t help what was going to happen. I felt that weird feeling in my stomach, and I guess because of stress and anxiety, I ended up vomiting my stomach acids.

I stood up and covered my face. I then took a couple steps with my face covered, and as I uncovered my eyes. The city lights began to blind me, but I kept walking, at least with my head down. I took deep breaths and my mouth had a disgusting taste. I started spitting out the weird taste and hoped that I could get to some water soon. I kept walking and I then found myself only a few steps from my meeting place with Vic. I turned around and tried finding signs of him. I sat down on the pavement, with my back against a wall.

I didn’t feel guilt…but I did fear what would happen next. I sat down and tried being patient and I kept myself from standing up and pacing back and forth. I was going to take another deep breath when I heard my name.

“Kellin,” I looked up and saw Vic walking towards me. I then got up and walked to him. He looked at me, and the bag I had at hand. His eyes questioned my motives, and that’s what I feared.

“Vic, you said you would run away with me, right?” I asked.
“Yes, I did say that,” he answered. I took a deep breath.
“Oh gosh, are you really going to do it?” he asked, with either a look of worry or shock. This is what I feared, being lied to or neglected. What would he say now?

“You said you wanted to and I-” he then cut me off.
“This is great Kellin!” he yelled. He then picked me up and I twirled in his embrace.

“I fucking love you. I love you. I love you. I loved you before. I love you now, and I’ll love you till the end of my fucking days!” He yelled as he held me close. I looked up at him and I saw he had a beautiful smile. He was serious, he loved me, and he wasn’t lying. He was serious this whole time, and here I was being the biggest imbecile of the world.

“Vic, I…” I didn’t know what to say but I broke down in tears.
“Kellin, I’ve loved you from the fucking start and I just feel so happy, you’ll finally be at my side forever!” H cheered. I giggled as he kissed my cheek many times.

“I love you Vic,” I whispered.
“I know you do, and so do I,” He said as he leaned in to kiss me. Locking our lips together- I then pulled away and covered my mouth.

“What’s wrong?’ he asked.
“It’s just that, when I was on my way here. I kind of threw up due to my anxiety.” I said this and he hugged me.
“I love you either way, mi corazon. Come let’s get out of here. You need to rest, and I’ll go make our fucking reparations to leave,” he said. I smiled when he said this.

“Okay,” I said as I took his hand and walked with him, to wherever he was to lead me, because I love him and I trust him.