Chapter 4

Recap: I called her. "What?" She asked her voice sleepy. "Where are you?" I hissed "You never said you were spending the night anywhere!" I said. I heard her yawn "Sorry i forgot to te-" She was cut off by someone in the background "Who ya talking to babe?" He asked groggily. I recognized that voice from somewhere. "Lauren, who was that? Oh my gosh are you sleeping with a guy?!" I asked. She groaned "Yes." She said shamefully. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me?! Who is that?!" I asked angrily. "Um... His name is Caleb?" It came out as a question and she hesitated. "Stop lying to me!" I screamed. She groaned "Fine his name is Chase." She said. I dropped the phone. If i hadn't recognized the voice i would have assumed it was another Chase but no. This was the Chase. "You're sleeping with my kidnapper?"

********

"Wait what? He kidnapped you?!" She asked. "You didn't know?!" I asked. "No i didn't!" She exclaimed. "Then why didn't you tell me?!" I asked. "Well, he told me you guys had a complicated pass but i didn't know it was that complicated!" She said. "So, Lauren, your telling me that you knew he and i had a past and you didn't bother asking what happened?!" I asked angrily. "He said he needed his time!" She said getting defensive. "What?!? Lauren, he was a random stranger! How long have you known him? Do you sleep with every stranger you meet?! You are such and idiot! I hate you! I wish you never found me!" I said angrily hanging up and throwing my phone.

"Dani, what's going on?" My dad asked sleepily coming into my room. "Sorry did i wake you?" I asked. "Yes, but it's fine what happened? Who do you hate?" He asked. "Lauren." I huffed. His eyes widened. "What happened?" He asked. I hesitated, sure i was angry with Lauren but we didn't rat each other out. EVER. "Nothing she just did something stupid. I don't want to talk about it." I sighed. He nodded and left my room.

I went to bed but i didn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned all night. I heard the front door open at one point and there was a knock on my door. "Dani, i know your awake let me in please!" She said knocking. "Go away Lauren i don't want to talk to you!" I yelled. I heard her sigh and go to her room.

Lauren's POV: (Right when Dani hangs up the phone)

What?!? Lauren, he was a random stranger! How long have you known him? Do you sleep with every stranger you meet?! You are such and idiot! I hate you! I wish you never found me!" My phone beeped signaling she had just ended the call. I slammed my phone on the nightstand that was next to me and got out of bed. "Chase!" I snarled at him. He was half asleep through the phone call and he could only hear me so he was probably confused. "What?" He asked. "You kidnapped Dani?" I asked putting my jeans on. I know what your thinking and no it didn't happen. Gross i'm waiting till i get married to do that i was just in my underwear. Both my bra and my panties. Chase was fully awake now. "What?!" He asked as i pulled on my shirt. "Did. You. Kidnap. Dani." I hissed angrily. "How did-"

"She called me you moron! And then you began speaking and she recognized your voice! How could you not tell me?!" I asked now sitting on the bed and pulling my shoes on. "Laur-"

"No save it! I'm leaving! Delete my number and don't you EVER call me again!" I said angrily grabbing my phone and leaving his bedroom and going out the front door.

When i got home and was upstairs i could hear Dani tossing in bed. I knocked lightly on her door. The sound of her tossing stopped and there was no response "Dani, i know your awake let me in please!" I begged knocking harder. "Go away Lauren i don't want to talk to you!" She yelled. I sighed and left to go to my room.

The next morning when i went down to breakfast Dani was poking at her oatmeal. She looked up at me as i walked in and i smiled. She scowled and pushed her bowl forward. She got up and passed me without a single word. I was not going to do the silent treatment. No. Way. "Dani!" I said grabbing her arm. She yanked it away "What?!" She snarled. "I'm sorry. Please. Please forgive me. I'll do anything!" I said. Dani turned to me and said "Why should i?!" She yelled. "Because i had no idea! I did know he had a past with you and i should have asked what happened but i thought it was just a bad breakup!" I exclaimed. It was the wrong thing to say. "JUST A BAD BREAKUP?!? IF IT HAD BEEN THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST AS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed at me then she ran to her bedroom and i winced as she slammed the door.

Dani's POV:

I yanked out my phone and dialed Colleen's number. "Hello." She said cheerily into the phone. "Come get me please." I begged. "On my way!" She said. "I love you so much!" I said. She laughed "Love you to bye!" She exclaimed into the phone. "Bye!" I hung up and threw clothes in a bag. She texted me saying she was here and i ran out the door with the bag.

"Hey." I said as she drove away. "Hey what's wrong?" She asked. "It's Lauren she slept with Chase. The guy that kidnapped me." I said. "Oh my gosh seriously?!" She asked. I nodded. "I packed a bag do you mind if i stay at your house?" I asked. "Sure! You're always welcome!" She stated. "Thanks Candy." I said using her nickname. "No prob. So where do you want to go?" She asked. "Let's go see a movie." I said. "KK." And she drove us to the movie. When i got out of the car my phone rang. It was Sarah. "Hello." I said. "Hey guess who got into NYU?!" She asked excitedly. "Ummm.... You're sixteen so it can't be you can it?" I asked. She laughed "No it's not me it's Stephen!" She said. "Oh my gosh tell him i said congrats!" I said. "Can't he's already on a plane down there!" She said. "What?! This school year doesn't even end for another month!" I said. "Yeah he wants to get used to it first. He's getting an apartment right next to the school so he won't have to pay dorm money." Sarah said. "Oh i'll have to meet up with him soon!" I said. "Yeah defiantly." She said. "Well i gotta go! See ya!" I said. "Bye." I hung up and tuned to Colleen but she wasn't there. I looked around and didn't see her. I walked closer to the building and was about to call her when i spotted her... Making out with Tanner, Lindsey's ex-boyfriend. "Colleen Canady what has gotten into you?!" I shouted. They broke apart and she blushed looking like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar. They walked over to me.

"Explain." I said. "Tanner and i have been secretly dating for a month now." Colleen said. "What?!? Oh my gosh why would you do that Colleen?! What is Lindsey gonna say?!" I asked. "I'm sorry okay i just really liked him!" I shook my head. "Please don't tell Lindsey." The secret couple said in unison. "I don't know friends don't keep secrets." I said. "Dani please! I love Tanner! You can't tell her!" I sighed. "Colleen, i'll make you a deal. You have until next Saturday to tell Lindsey. If you don't then i will tell her myself." I said. Colleen nodded. "Okay fine." She said. I nodded "Good now let's go see a movie." I said linking arms with Colleen. "What movie are we seeing?" Tanner asked coming to the other side of Colleen and doing the same. I turned to him with an eye raised "Tanner?" I asked. "Yes?" He responded. "Buzz off!" I said. He frowned and unlinked his arm with Colleen and walked away i rolled my eyes. "He's gonna cause nothing but drama Candy."

(Time lapse to Saturday)

I only spent one night with Colleen then i had gone back home last week. I haven't been talking to Lauren and right now everyone in the band has agreed she can't go on tour with us. She even agreed to it. She's finally accepted that was she did was wrong.

I called Colleen "Did you tell her?" I asked. "Not yet but-" I cut her off "I'm calling Lindsey at ten to see if you told her." I said. "Dani-" I cut her off again "No Colleen she needs to know." I said. "Fine." Colleen said then she hung up on me. I sighed. My life was falling apart. I wished i was still that thirteen year old girl right before Lauren was kidnapped and the three of us were inseparable best friends that lived with just a mom in a small town in Texas.

I said on my bed and picked up my guitar and began to write a song it always seemed to help when i was upset. Suddenly my phone went off. "Hey Lilly." I said answering it. "Hey! So guess what!" She said. "What?" I asked. "You are going to be on Ellen next weekend!"

Authors note: Yeah i know i'm making a habit of posting short chapters sorry! I love you! Comment, vote, go to Hogwarts!