I - The Stranger in My Boyfriend's body

"Do I know you?" The words fell out of his mouth accompanied by his raised eyebrow.

Up until now, I was hoping for him to burst into laughter and tell me this was just some sick joke. But staring at those empty eyes, they were enough to pop that small bubble of hope inside me.

Everything I wanted to tell him suddenly abandoned my mind. Everything I cried about just minutes before I got here went down the drain the moment Carmilla told me about his condition. I couldn't say that to him now. Not when he don't even have the slightest clue of who I am.

My lips unconsciously twitched from finally hearing that voice again after almost a whole year of silence. It was deep and raspy, he could say my name and I will surely kiss him right now. Maybe even more than just a kiss if the circumstance allow.

Cameron was sprawled in the bed, only sporting the hospital gown he's been wearing for the past months. His chestnut brown hair was all over the place, seemingly darker from what he had 9 months ago. His face was cleanly shaven. His mother, Carmilla, made sure to clean up those mustache bumps every week. After finally taking the sight of him, there is one thing for sure, he was still as captivating as ever.

"Are you seriously checking me out?" An annoyed voice cut me out of my thoughts and out of my ogling. I let go of my lips that I didn't realise I was biting. Great. Way to go, Quinn.

"I'm Be-Quinn. Camilla said she mentioned me already." I finally found the voice to speak and remembered that his first question was still left unanswered. As for the second question, well let's just leave it there.

I sat on the beige couch beside the bed. This might be the hospital but leave it to the Griffins to make it look like five-star hotel suite.

"Then that makes you the girlfriend they've been telling me." His reply had a sour flavor into it. The slightest twitch in his lips and his raised right eyebrow confirmed it.

"And I'm sensing you haven't absorbed the information yet." I retorted back with a forced smile. I never thought the day would come that I will sit uncomfortably in the same room as Cameron, being with him just always felt natural and easy. But nothing about making a conversation with this stranger was any of those.

"No shit. Nothing about this whole life I can't remember is remotely possible to be absorbed in 2 fucking hours. I can't even remember my name, nor any of those faces that talked to me. I don't feel my fucking toes, my head feels like exploding and most of all, some girl that's been eye-raping me claims to be my girlfriend. Is this some kind of sick elaborate prank? I mean, you're not even my type."

A long silence followed after while I process what he just said. First of all, that was the most number of cuss words that fell out of Cameron Griffin's mouth and it all happened in one breathing.

Secondly, 'not his type'? Tell me I heard it wrong because I am a second away from pouring the orange juice that was on the bedside table all over his head. God help me or I'm putting him back to his coma for another six months.

I wouldn't exactly call myself narcissistic, but I know where I stand. And that is up in the freaking pedestal. Cameron should be the last person to disagree with that. Afterall, he was the one who couldn't keep his hands to himself in the relationship. So he better not talk to me about types.

"Excuse me? So you're saying you forgot everything else but your type in women? Because if so, I guess you hit your head too hard, it ruined your taste and eyesight." I leaned back on the couch, never taking my eyes from his taunting one.

After a long stare down, he snorted and rolled his eyes to the direction of the window.

Of course he caved in. He never won against me and never will. Cameron is one of the most level-headed person I know. He doesn't like conflicts, fights, and even petty games. That's why he wastes no time to try and match my competitive soul. Well atleast not in bed, he's a freak in there.