Ten

I made it back to my car, my mind was racing. Is it possible that Esme is my mother? I got home and I began to pace. I have to go to Ohio to look at my medical history. If it is possible it would be there.

I got out my phone and texted Esme.

Me: Please  dont come after me,  I'll be okay, please just tell them something that is believable. Ill be back in three days. I promise
Esme: of course Ill tell the others that you have a friend down there that needed help
Me: thank you so much esme I really appreciate it.
Esme: no problem, Ill do anything to help after what our family did to you.
Me: thank you. Ill talk to you when I get back.

I put my phone back in my pocket and moved to my laptop. I looked up "flights to ohio,"

I knew the closest airport was in seattle. I found one. Alaska airlines. From seattle to Columbus OH. I bought the tickets. I leave tonight at 7:30pm

I backed very minimal stuff not really needing anything just three pairs of clothes. I packed everything into a small duffle bag. I drank a bag of blood before taking a rest.

I stood and went to the airport and got on the plane.

I sat in first class. Not that I wasn't good with humans but I just didn't like being touching knee to knee.

I put in my headphones and rested. I was the only one in the row. I saw a girl tap my shoulder "would you like anything to eat? Snacks? Drink?"

"No thank you," I said to her. "Im feeling a bit plane sick," I said to her.

"We can get you some 7-up or sprite?" She asked.

"No I think I just need to sleep it off " I said.

"Of course. If you need anything else just let us know," she smiled.

"Thank you," I said.

I put my headphones back in and leaned against the window trying to focus on anything except Esme possibly being my mother. We were about two hours into the flight before we hit major turbulence. I should've just drove, this is why I hate airplanes? Wait, I'm a vampire but I'm scared of a little turbulence? Okay Izzy cool? You make no sense? I chuckled at it and shook my head. There was a little over two hours of the flight left. I can't get off this plane soon enough. 

The turbulence went on for another 45 minutes before everything smoothed out. I closed my eyes again, the flight attendant passing out water and snacks again. 

I turned on my audiobook once again and focused on that until the end of the flight. I was one of the first persons off the flight. I had already booked my hotel, I only brought one duffle bag and my backpack. 

I ran to the hotel I was staying at  just wanting to run as I was tired of sitting for about five hours. 

I checked my phone. 

Esme: I hope you made it there safe. 

I replied to her. 

Me: Just got to my hotel. 

Esme: Good, stay safe. 

Esme is so caring, I really hope she is my mother. 

I went to take a bath just wanting to relax some. The hotel was very nice, nicer than I thought it would be as I just picked the cheapest option. The bathroom was quite large. The floor had white tiles. There was a large bathtub. I moved over and turned on the hot water. Once the water filled the tub I undressed and slid in. The water was relaxing. 

I layed there for a while before I washed my hair and rinsed it. I got out and put the robe on that was offered on. I moved to my bag and put on some pajamas then layed on the bed and watched tv. I blanked out until the morning. 

The  hospital wasn't far away from me, just a mile away so I just walked. 

I was overcast today but still warm. I looked around trying to remember any of my past but I couldn't. I was at the entrance of the hospital. It took m several  minutes to have the guts to walk in. 

I moved to the front desk.

"Hello, can I help you dear?" a female asked. 

"Actually," Uh oh how do I word this, "Uh, so we are going a family tree in college and I wanted some info about my family, which I was told that could be found here. In patient records. Its on my mothers side, Izzy Anne Platt? That's all we could find we wanted to know the mother," I said "She was born in 1921," I said.

"Um," she said, "How are you related?" 

"I'm Izzy is my  great grandma, her daughter's daughter gave birth to me," I said, "Izzy was born in this hospital," I said. 

She nodded hesitiently,

 "My project is due in three days, this was my last resort," I said to her, "Because I know typically you don't give out patients history but I really need to know," I said. 

"I'll page someone to bring you down to records, I'm unsure if we still have them though as some get thrown out overtime. Especially back in 1921," she said. 

I nodded and looked down. 

"You can sit until they arrive to take you down," she said. 

I nodded and sat in a chair. I looked down at my phone watching the time go by.

"You're the one who wanted patient records?" A male asked. 

"Yes," I said and stood. 

"Elevator? stairs?" 

"Either is fine," I said. 

He led me to the elevator and pressed "B" most likely for basement. 

"They are in alphabetical order from year," He said. 

"Izzy Anne Platt, 1921," I said, I paused maybe its in here, "Esme Anne Platt," I said not knowing if it was a real file. I'll know soon. 

He nodded and led me through a maze of shelves. It was all the way in the very back, "Lucky it was 1921, everything was thrown away before 1920," he said. 

"Why?" 

"Because no one needed the charts anymore and it wasn't worth the hospitals time putting every file in the computer from 100 years ago," he shrugged. 

"We'll I am glad I came," I said. 

He nodded and looked through the files. He pulled out two looking into them, "Izzy Anne Platt," he said and opened the other, "Esme Anne Platt," he handed me the other. 

I nodded, if my heart could beat it would be pounding out of my chest now. 

"T-thank you," I said and took them both," 

"You can keep them if you'd like," he shrugged. 

"You will let me?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I work down here in records, there isn't much we do with old files like these," he said. 

"Thank you," I said again. 

"Do you need help finding the way out?" he asked. 

"No," I said. 

"Alright," He said, "Good luck on your school project." 

I nodded and headed out the way I came. It was sunny outside by the time I got out. Shit.  I looked around seeing no one and I took off speeding back to the hotel I was at.