Chapter 15

Areum was sitting at the garden as she inhaled the fresh air. She opened her eyes as she heard her stomach growled.

"What should i cook?" She asked with a pout.

"Jin is not here to cook for me anymore." She said sadly. She slowly stood up and walked to the kitchen using her cane which was given by Jin. She stumbled few times but somehow managed to arrive at the kitchen.

She sat on the counter and put her arms on it when suddenly she felt something. It was like her arms touching some bags. She carefully reaching for it and lifted it on the air. She smiled.

"Chips!" She stated happily. She immediately opened it and ate excitedly.

"But how? Is it Jin?" She wondered while eating the chips.

    Areum was in her room. Jin took this opportunity to go to the kitchen. Jungwoo got him some snacks and food. He put some of them in the fridge and snacks were on the counter. He knew she wouldn't eat when he's not around so he had to do this. He smiled proudly after he was done with it.

Areum went to the fridge and opened it. She tried to reach for drinks but somehow her hand got something else. She tilted her head.

"Why it smells like kimchi?" She brought the container closer to her nose and smelled it. She gasped.

"Kimchi!" She hugged it and jumped but stumbled down afterwards.

"Ouch.." She groaned as she slowly getting up while rubbing her back. She smiled again.

"You are really something, Jin." She chuckled.

~~~~~~~

Junshi was sitting behind the bar while gritting his teeths.
"You bastard.." He said as he stared at the floor bluntly.

"My life was in peace before you came.. Jin. I will get a revenge."

"Areum.. I will kill you for sure one day." He laughed like a psychopath.

"Be quiet!" A policeman said as he hit the bar with a stick. Junshi glared as he gritted his teeth.

~~~~~

Jin tapped his pen on the table few times. He was now in his office. Jungwoo stood right in front of him and watched how he kept tapping the table with his pen. He blinked few times.

Jin tilted his head as his eyes squinted by themselves. He rolled his tongue inside his mouth as he stared at the air.

"Is there something i can help you, sir?" Jin woke up from his thought as he heard Jungwoo's voice.

"What?" Jungwoo smiled awkwardly.

"I can see you're worrying about something." Jin tilted his head.

"How do you know that?"
"Tapping a pen is your habit when you feel so." Jin chuckled hearing his words.

"Really?" Jungwoo nodded his head.
"Nothing I'm worrying about. Don't worry. Just tell my schedule for today." Jungwoo took out his tablet as he looked for Jin's schedules.

"At 10 am you will have meeting with Mr Gwon. At 1 pm you have a lunch together with Mr John. At night you will have dinner with Mrs Kim." Jin immediately turned his head to Jungwoo.

"Why is that in my schedule too?"

"You told me to insert it in here so that you won't forget about it or else Mrs Kim will kill you." Jin gasped.

"Ahh, that's right. Thanks for the reminder." Jin said as he stood and took his coat, ready to go into the meeting room with Jungwoo. Jungwoo nodded and followed him from behind.

~~~~~~~

"Ah it's so bored without Jin." Areum complained as she ate the snacks alone in the living room.

While she was eating peacefully, something went passed through her mind. She opened her eyes wide as she was surprised. It was kind like bad memories from the past.

She breathed heavily and touched her chest. She grips her chest tightly and tried to hold the pain.

"W-What...is this?" She said weakly. She shut her eyes tight and one of her hand tried to balance herself by holding the couch.

'Honey!' She could hear her mom's voice when the accident happened. She opened her eyes as her breath was still unstable.

'Mom...' Areum said as she tried to reach her mom who was unconscious on the hard ground with blood.

People began to crowd them and soon after the ambulance came.

'Mr Lee and Mrs Lee can't be saved. They were injured very badly at their heads so we can't do anything.' A doctor said as he looked down.

'What about Areum?' A voice which she could be familiar with but she forgot whose the owner.

'About her..she lost her eyesight. I'm sorry to say this but her eyes got a broken glass into her iris.'

Areum's eyes became teary as she could hear that with her own ears.

'Alright thanks doctor.'

'Welcome, Mr Ji.' Areum's eyes widened. It was her uncle.

Her uncle slowly went into her room and saw her eyes were covered.

'Still not wake up yet?' Her uncle asked to her unconscious figure.
He went and sat on the couch. He tilted his head as he stared at her.

'So i will have to take care of you after this.' He said while observing her from his seat.

Areum breathed heavily as her memories still not going away from her head. She tried her best to hear clearly.

'Ugh so annoying.' A tear escaped from her eyes.
'Why don't you just die?'
'I have many things to do than taking a good care of you.'
'I don't have any time for this.' With that, he went out. The memories went away from her mind instantly.

She sat on the floor bluntly. Her eyes were sore due to the tears. She looked down feeling upset took over her body. She cried silently as she brought her knees closer to her chest and hugged them. She buried her face between her knees and cried her heart out.

~~~~~~~~

"Ugh i feel suffocating in here." Jin complained as soon as he took a seat after the meeting end.
"Do you need something sir?" Jin sighed and shook his head.

"You can leave now." Jungwoo nodded and bowed first before leaving him alone in tbe office.

Jin stood and went to the window to take a look at the bright sky. He sighed heavily with his hands inside his pocket.

"I wonder,"

"How are you doing right now, Areum?"