"I saw you used your water abilities to stop the assassins. No one else but the inheritor of the Eldorisian throne can use such powers of hydrokinesis. As such, I thank Your Majesty for helping me."

The princess bowed her head in thanks after her gentle reply, a sharp contrast to the tone she had used to scold the Kiran matron.

"There is no need to bow or thank me. You will never need to bow to anyone again. This I assure you. After all, this is what one must do for his wife." Percy gave a small smile.

Now it was the princess' turn to look surprised. Percy supposed he should formally introduce himself, even though the Kiran princess seemed to have guessed who he was.

"I am Perseus Jackson. It is an honor to greet the Kiran princess."

"Oh, um, yes. I am Annabeth."

Princess Annabeth was a bit awkward in her introduction, but Percy chalked it up to her limited upbringing and education in Kiran.

At this point, the captured people and Dame Lune had just been listening to the seemingly lovey-dovey words of the soon to be wedded couple.

"Ha! You think you're going to get married? You're not even Princess Alana! As fitting of the foulness in your commoner blood mixing with the dirtiness of Eldorisian-" The matron's shrill shrieks were cut short as the princess slid off the horse without Percy's help and then slapped the matron's mouth.

"I said, shut up. Gods, you're annoying."

Annabeth's dress had already been torn in her haste to escape. She tore off a piece and then shoved it into the matron's mouth, giving peace to everyone's ears. Even Percy's shadow guards, skillfully trained as they were, were surprised.

He felt like he had to step in. "It seems that you scum must be tired of living. I will make sure that they all get a nice...rest."

With a wave of Percy's hand, all the perpetrators were dragged off.

Perhaps he shouldn't be surprised at whatever Princess Annabeth did next. He had been surprised far too much in the span of less than ten minutes. Had his information from the past been wrong?

Princess Annabeth was supposed to be meek and submissive from years of abuse. His sources had revealed that she was largely illiterate, having been treated less than a servant for most of her life. The princess title placed on her head was no less than a title of mockery. Was this the real Kiran princess? But she certainly looked like her. Perhaps her patience or sanity had finally snapped when she had cursed earlier.

Percy could only shake his head at the sorry past of his future wife. The Kirans really had outplayed themselves with the horrid things they did to a royal daughter. He himself had no problem with her soft personality, for it would be easier for him to manage the throne without outside interference. Thinking about it for a while since he had reincarnated, Percy thought that if Princess Alana were to become his wife, she would most certainly be an obstacle to Percy's goal of solidifying his central position in court.

And so, Percy would give Princess Annabeth the respect and whatever else was due to her status of being the Eldorisian Queen but wouldn't expect her to manage the palace's internal affairs as a Queen would usually do. Percy had planned on handing the majority of the work to some trusted aides with his queen being a placeholder so the dowager queen would have no way to get her hands on the power in court.

But now, Princess Annabeth seemed to be much livelier and more valiant than his information had described. It could be that she was only pretending to be meek in the Kiran palace for survival, something Percy had done himself in order to survive under the Dowager Queen. Perhaps because that the princess was free from those watching her, it might be that her true personality was being revealed.