𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

tw // mentions of anxiety, panic attacks

the rest of the walk to campus was silent, you were too nervous to say anything to intak in fear of making things awkward, and you didn't want your face to burn up again. there wasn't anything to focus your attention on to help you ignore him, so you looked like an idiot trying to search for something to stare at. as you attempted to avoid eye contact with the tall male, he couldn't take his eyes off of you, not in a creepy way of course. the thought of you accepting his half-assed apology gave him hope that maybe things wouldn't be too bad between the both of you. intak didn't want to be too sure though, he had already said some pretty upsetting things before and he desperately wanted to prevent from saying anything else bad.

as you guys walked inside of the school, immediate stares from multiple students across the hallway made intak's spine shiver, he wasn't used to getting this much attention from his classmates, in fact, they barely knew that a guy like him existed. there were girls who were whispering to their group of friends about who that tall and extremely handsome male was walking down beside them. everyone wanted to know who intak was and why they've never seen him around kaisei before. he tried to control his shaking, but he obviously wasn't hiding it well since you noticed, you're face turning from relaxed to worried.

"hey everything ok?" you asked, turning your attention to him.

"just a lotta people here... the staring..." intak mumbled, shoving his fists into his pockets.

"are you not used to this?"

"not at all, im used to hiding behind the corners, not being looked at by all these... people."

you didn't quite understand what he meant, but you instantly felt bad. intak clearly looked uncomfortable and his hands were shaking, violently. the only thing to help him feel better was to use the outdoor hallways to enter class, since it was raining, nobody would be using them anyway. 

"here, let's use the outdoor hallway." you suggested, grabbing his arm.

he was startled by the sudden touch but eventually gave in, wanting to escape the large crowd. once you two finally got outside intak took a deep breath, beads of sweat rolling down his face. you quickly wiped it off with your fingers, patting his back to hopefully calm him down.

"now i see what you mean."

"this is... embarrassing." he said, running his fingers through his hair.

"no don't be embarrassed, it's okay intak."

"let's get you to class." he voiced standing up, trying to avoid the conversation that was arising.

"don't you have class too?" you asked.

"my parents don't care if i have terrible grades, so school doesn't really mean anything to me."

"really... you've got it good man."

"not exactly, but if it's what you think then i do, don't i."

you rolled your eyes and began walking to the first class of the day, however, the only thing that was on your mind was intak. you've never seen him in that state ever, you would've never thought that someone like him had social anxiety. you believed that he had no worries in the world, especially since he knew self defense pretty well... but looks are deceiving. when you first met intak he had a cold expression on his face, and you had no doubt that this guy hated you. but the more you observed and got to know him, he wasn't as bad as you thought he was.

after that though, it began to rain again, this time the hardest it had ever fallen since rain season began. you immediately got soaked, the clear water dripping from your skirt and your hair, onto the grey concrete you were standing on, what perfect timing! intak got wet too, his shirt became see through from the amount of rain it collected. the both of you kinda looked like wet dogs, and you couldn't help but laugh, maybe a little too hard.