𝘴𝘪𝘹

you quietly tip toed down the dark wooded stairs in your flat, making sure to carefully place your feet down so that you wouldn't make any creaking noises. it was early the next morning, 8:30 am to be exact, and you were heading out to meet up with kai. remembering last nights blow up with your mom, you made sure to walk extra slow, if she found you downstairs this early it would spark another argument, and you weren't in the mood for that.

you were actually confident in your look today, you were wearing your favorite version of the kaisei school uniform and today you decided to have your hair brushed down to your sides, two strands pulled out. you already had your jacket on, especially since it was still raining and it actually was chilly outside. you then quietly took your umbrella from where you placed it last night and unlocked the door, walking out.

the click was more loud today than it was last night and it made your heart stop, would your mom have noticed that someone was leaving? the light upstairs didn't turn on, so thankfully you were safe.

once you got out of your house, you immediately spotted kai in front of the gate, his attention focused to his phone in his hand. you felt your face turn red slightly, he looked good today, maybe a little too good. his semi-long hair rested on either side of his face, his fair-skinned hand running it's fingers through each strand of brown locks resting on his head, veins apparent. you wondered if he knew how good looking he was, if he even admired himself in that way. you caught yourself from making things awkward, you had been staring at him for way too long, it was beginning to look creepy in a way.

you then walked over to kai, tucking a few strands of hair of your own behind your ear, too shy to say anything. his head perked up when he saw you walking towards him, immediately turning his attention from his phone to your face. he turned away for a few seconds, hiding excessive blush on his face, hoping you wouldn't notice.

you didn't.

"oh hey," he spoke.

"hi..." you said quietly.

"you okay? your eyes look puffy and have bags under them."

you felt your heart drop and you touched them softly, he was right, they were puffy from last night, probably due to you crying yourself to sleep. you were embarrassed to admit it, but you knew kai wouldn't leave you alone if you didn't tell him why your eyes were like that. you tugged on the sleeves of your jacket and looked at him, hoping to break the awkwardness.

"i... i was just crying last night, stressed about homework, that's it." you lied.

"if it makes you feel any better i can help you with it, school doesn't start until later anyways," he suggested, putting his phone in his pocket.

"no no it's fine, i can get it done. i wouldn't want to bother you."

something told kai that you were lying, but he didn't want to annoy you with more questions, so he kept quiet. however, you desperately wanted to tell him everything that was happening in your upside down, crazy life. you felt as if he was the only one that could understand each component of what you were going through, but it would be awkward to do that, you guys have only just met.

"you ready to go?" he interrupted your thoughts.

"yeah."

the two of you began you walk to kaisei, walking at a good enough pace so that you would still make it there on time. you felt your phone buzz, not once, but multiple times and you took it out of your pocket in annoyance. kai averted his gaze so that he wouldn't see who you were texting, but his curious mind told him to peek, hoping to at least see the contact name.