𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

the rest of the way home after work was silent, you held your arms together, hoping to keep yourself warm since the temperature always dropped after a rain storm. you noticed that kai looked at you every couple of minutes, probably checking up to see if you were doing okay. there was a lot on your mind, and the only thing you really wanted to do was fall asleep.

"only a couple more steps..." you thought, sighing.

the only thing lighting up the pathway you two were walking on were the yellow street lights, quiet rain falling above the two of you. it fell on your sweater, soaking it slowly but surely. your hair was beginning to get wet, and your mind instantly went to the umbrella that was in your backpack. you reached back, unzipping the front pocket and pulling it out, opening it quietly.

you then felt a cool shiver down your spine and your body shook slightly, maybe this sweater you were wearing wasn't working as well as you thought. the coldness was able to enter your body pretty easily, and even though the umbrella was keeping the rain off, it still wasn't enough.

"you look cold, here..." kai took off his sweater that he had on over his uniform and handed it to you, brushing off a piece of dust, "take this. i don't really need it."

you felt your cheeks heat up but kindly declined, "oh no kai, i don't really need it. if you choose not to wear it you could catch a cold."

"trust me y/n, im much stronger than i look. just take it please." he said, stopping his footsteps to grab your attention.

you eventually gave in, taking the dark grey zip up hoodie and slipped it on. you instantly felt a new wave of heat form over your body and a small hint of cologne kissed your nose, making your ears turn red. the jacket fit you nicely, and it was a little bit oversized, not making you feel too uncomfortable, and it stopped right below your skirt. it felt weird to wear someone else's clothes, especially a guy's, but if you refused to take it kai wouldn't let you off easily.

you then closed the umbrella you had opened, the jacket that he gave you had a hood on it, so the rain wouldn't bother you anymore.

"t-thank you kai," you stuttered, looking away, hiding excessive blush on your face.

"no problem, we're almost there."

the only thing kai was left to wear was his short sleeve uniform top, the light grey pants, and his white sneakers. since there was light rain outside, he was beginning to get wet, and even started to shiver. he said that he would be okay, but why were you still worried?

"here we are," he said, interrupting your thoughts.

the two of you had already arrived at your house, it felt like such a short walk, but now you could actually get some proper warmth from your AC. you instantly noticed that there was a light turned on inside the flat, meaning that someone in your family was awake. your stomach dropped, maybe you should've stayed at work for your entire shift to avoid this.

you began to take kai's jacket off so you could give it back to him, but he stopped you, placing his hand on your shoulder.

"don't. you can keep it," he stated, looking at you like he was before. you couldn't make direct eye contact with him, so you instead focused on the grey concrete below.

"i can't, you need this more." you say.

those words rang in kai's head, filling his mind with memories from the incident that happened just a couple of months ago. his previous girlfriend voiced that exactly phrase right before she said the glass shattering words "im breaking up with you". he stood in place, his brown eyes filling with anxiety and shame. it brought back too many negative and bad memories, he thought about that specific moment way too often.