𝘰𝘯𝘦

everyone has at least one secret that they're keeping from the people they care about the most. that one secret that is so secretive that you wouldn't dare tell to anyone. you probably could agree to that statement, but you didn't have many things to hide. you're a normal teenager, with few friends, and a nice paying job, so what more could you worry about? that is, until your curious mind gets to the best of you and you find yourself in a difficult situation.

the school you went to was fairly large for one that's in a small town, but regardless of size, rumors spread around in kaisei high school like wild fire. it was so easy to ruin someone's reputation, that even you were scared to get involved with the wrong people. that's why you kept your friend group small, since it was so hard to trust others.

maybe that's why you didn't have anything to hide, your "friends" stayed out of trouble, well, for the most part...

you were on your way to your afterschool shift at the brunch café you worked at. mr han, your boss, called you in today since rush hour would be beginning soon. it was exam season, so the café was always packed right when your high school ended. you didn't complain though, it allowed you to get more tips from the customers.

the café was in a closed in, small plaza by kaisei, only a 10 minute walk from the school's quad. it was a perfect coffee spot to grab some snacks after school and talk with friends. during regular months, the café would barely get more than eight customers everyday, since more people prefer ordering online and from call.

you expected your best friend violet to be beside you, but she was running late, as per usual. a monotone voiced yelled your name from across the quad and your questions faded away, immediately knowing who it was

"y/n!" violet called, jogging over to you.

she grabbed onto your sweatshirt, tugging on it, before saying: "guess what!" she looked excited, almost like she was going to burst from anticipation to tell you the surprise.

"lemme guess, is it about brian?" you mumbled, rolling your eyes.

brian was violet's "boy toy" who has dated more girls then you could count. the only reason why he's even interested in your close friend is because she hangs out with people who are a bad influence on her - and because she's pretty. you disliked him with a passion, but violet refused to listen to you and ignored your presence when she was by him.

"no, but good guess! my friends invited me for a party! typically they always leave me out, however, they said i could tag along this time! isn't that so exciting?" violet squealed.

"not really. i thought i already told you that those people were bad news..."

"you just don't want me to have any fun. oh and by the way, could you cover for me, homework wise?"

you let out a groan and stared at her.

"no violet, im not doing your homework for you again."

"please? if you do it, ill promise ill stop seeing brian!"

you rolled your eyes and eventually gave in. you didn't want her to sit in detention for the second time this week, so you took her notebook and math assignments and stuffed them into your bag, slinging it onto your back. 

"yaay, thanks best friend. i have to go now, my friends are waiting for me by the oak tree." violet stated, brushing herself off.

"see you later-"

she zoomed off and you collected your thoughts, making your way to the café, walking faster than you did before so you could make it there on time.