"A-are you sure Carlos?"  The bunny nodded and Jin jumped out of his seat, the panic clear on his face and hurried to the door.  "Joon, Hobi... stay here and I'll come get you as soon as I know anything."  Jin rushed out of the room, the bunny following, the door slamming behind them.

The room was dead silent for a moment, the air filled with a tension and worry that seemed to ooze from every surface.  I knew as well as anyone else that a hybrid bite could be fatal to a human depending on where it occurred.  It was one of the things we were taught from an early age, that a bite was the last form of defense.  I looked over at Hoseok and could see the anguish on his face as the tears rolled down his cheeks.  Namjoon moved over to sit next to the distraught fox, his own eyes glittering from unshed tears.  His tail wrapped around Hoseok's wrist as he slipped an arm around his shoulders.  

"It's... it's okay Hobi.  S-she's going to be okay.  Y/N?  O-our mate is s-strong."  Namjoon's voice was worried as he spoke, but I could see he was trying his best to be strong for our devastated mate.

Time passed and the doctor that saved Taehyung, the one who I always find with my human mate, Sehun, came into the room.  His eyes were tired and he had blood on his scrubs.  Blood I could instantly tell was Y/N's from the scent.  "Joon?  Hobi?  Jin asked me to come get the two of you.  Y/N is still in surgery, but he thought you would want to wait with him.  I have... have to get back to Y/N but I can take you the lounge by the operating room."

Namjoon and Hoseok stood up in a hurry, ready to follow the doctor.  Jungkook stood too, but Sehun held out a hand, stopping him.  "What are you doing?  She's my mate too."  I could see from Jungkook's face that he was angry with the doctor for trying to keep him away.

Sehun's eyes hardened and he shook his head.  "No.  She's not.  Not anymore."  He turned and left the room without another word.  Hoseok followed him, but Namjoon hesitated.

"The doctor's right Jungkook.  Y/N?  She's not your mate anymore.  I'm... I'm sorry."  Namjoon gave Jungkook a sad smile and hurried out of the room.

Jungkook turned to me, his eyes filled with hurt and I went over and pulled him into a hug.  I didn't know what to say to him, so I just rubbed his back.  I knew he still loved her and pulling away from her like this, being forced to stay away from her was hurting him, more than he wanted to admit. 

Burying his face in my shoulder, Jungkook let out the sobs he had been holding in and I couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt knowing his pain was my fault.  He wanted to be with our human mate, but... but I convinced him to leave her.  I didn't want to admit it, but Y/N was different from any other human.  She was kind, caring, and so compassionate, but I didn't want to see it.

End of Flashback

"Babe they're not going to let me see her."  I sighed then rubbed a hand over the back of my neck, the frustration clear in my face.  I pointed to Jungkook who had dozed off in a chair, tear tracks on his cheeks.  "They wouldn't let Kookie see her.  Why do you think they would let me?"

Taehyung let out an irritated sound.  "You can at least check on her.  Just... just make sure she is okay.  Please?"

Knowing Taehyung wasn't going to give in, I nodded.  "Okay babe.  I'll... I'll go see what I can find out."  Pecking his cheek, I left the room, not sure where to go.  I headed down the corridor and saw the bunny hybrid that had come to get Jin.  "Carlos?"  I called out to him and the bunny turned, a look of confusion on his face.  "That's your name right?"  The bunny nodded.  "Can... can you tell me anything about Y/N?  The human that got hurt?"