Her laugh a little more genuine this time, Y/N shook her head. "If I took every hybrid home that I wanted to, I would have no room to move." Her eyes turned sad again and her head dropped back to his shoulder. "Between him and the one from last night, I just don't know what to do."

The one from last night? What is she talking about? I wanted to burst in there and rip the doctor's arm off when he held her close again, but I stopped myself.

"How many times did you text Jin today? Joon? Hobi?" Sehun's question was amused, but I could hear the barely concealed worry.

"Only probably a dozen. I can't help it. Every time we lose one, I have this overwhelming need to check on the ones I have in my life. I even asked Jin to check on my patients, along with the two that don't want me. And Hobi checked on Jungkook for me since he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore either."

Her words hit me all of a sudden and I realized she was talking about a hybrid dying. Did their deaths really affect her that much?

"You know you don't have to pay for this one sweetie." Sehun's voice was scolding as he spoke.

Pay? Pay what?

"If I don't then their ashes get sent to be thrown away. It covers the cost of them being buried in the plot. I may not know their names, but they deserve better than that." Y/N nuzzled her face into Sehun's neck, making him smile. "Plus, when... when my parents passed they left all that money. It's going to a good cause and it's something they would have done."

Sehun nodded in agreement. "Your parents sure were good people. They would be so happy to see you and Jin finally together. They used to mention it all the time when they came to visit you two here."

"My parents loved Jin. They said he was the son they never had. When I started dating Sebastian, my mom was so disappointed, but wouldn't admit it to me directly. I should have known it had something to do with Jin."

"She knew you were Jin's mate." Sehun's statement was soft as though he didn't want to admit it.

"What do you mean?"

Sehun grinned. "Your mom knew about Jin. She told me about it several years ago. She overheard Jin mention it to the doctor who prescribed his pill to block your scent."

Y/N smiled and I wished she would direct that smile to me. "She would love the rest of them too. Hobi is so bubbly and Joon is so intelligent. She would have loved Jungkook too." I heard the sadness in her voice when she mentioned Jungkook and it made me think of what Taehyung had said. Is she really that upset about Jungkook leaving with Tae and me?

Sehun kissed her forehead again and I tried to push down the anger at seeing him so close to my mate. Mine. Not his, but he sure acted as though she was. "It's going to be okay. If your mates don't treat you right, come to me and I promise I will."

Although I could see the words were said teasingly, they still pissed me off. Why don't you go find your own mate and stay the fuck away from mine?

After a moment, Y/N stood and I could see Sehun's reluctance to let her go. "Thanks honey. You always know just what to say." She leaned forward and kissed his nose then stroked a fuzzy ear, giggling when a loud purr burst from his chest. She turned towards the door and I hurried down the hall, not wanting to be caught eavesdropping. I leaned against the wall further down the hall and when she walked towards me, I stood up straight.

She had her eyes focused on the ground, her mind clearly working overtime, but when she looked up, my heart clenched in pain. Her teary bloodshot eyes widened in panic and I could see the fear that so clearly crossed her face. She moved to the other side of the hall to avoid me, but I stepped directly in her path. "Please Mr. Park. Let me pass. I have work to do."