“So, what’d you do yesterday,” I asked him knowing that he would give me the same old rehearsed line about ‘work’.  I wasn’t dumb I knew what he did, or at least I had some idea but I was kind of waiting on him to tell me what he did instead of assuming and hearing it from other people.  I mean I was trustworthy wasn’t I?  Did he think I was going to break up with him, or run to the cops?  I know that he wasn’t an open book but this past month he’s opened up to me a lot and I wanted him to know that he could talk to me about anything, no matter how ‘unconventional’ it was. 

“Work, you know,” he shrugged nonchalantly.  

No, I didn’t but I wouldn’t push it, for now.

I nodded and was about to tell him what I did but he beat me to it.

“What’d you do after practice yesterday,” he asked me putting his arm around me as we cuddled on his couch.

“I went out.”

“Where?”

“To Dave & Busters.”

“With the girls?”

“No.”

There was silence until he finally spoke up again and turned to look at me but I avoided his gaze.

“With..?”

“Terrance…,” I trailed off on his name and he was silent.  I knew he heard me though because when I said Terrance’s name he tensed up under me.  

“Terrance,” he questioned and I sat up and so I could face him.

“A friend from school.”

“Have I met him?”

“Not officially.”  He gave me a look and I sighed, “He was the guy I was dancing with the first night we met, in the club.”

He seemed to be in thought and I could tell it clicked.  I wish they met under better circumstances since that night I was grinding up on Terrance while he watched.  Even though our dancing was innocent, I could admit that it didn’t look innocent. 

“You went out with him, last night?”

“Yes, he’s leaving town next week and we j-.”

“And when did you two plan this,” he cut me off.

“He called me yesterday before practice and asked.”

I couldn’t really read his expression, I just knew he looked irked and then all of a sudden he looked a little to calm.  He turned to face me for a while and I felt self conscious under his stare for some reason. 

“You like him?”

“What?”

“Do you like him?”

“No.”

“Did you ever?”

I sighed because I knew I shouldn’t lie but I didn’t even like Terrance anymore in that way.  

“I used to have a crush on him, but that was like a year ago an-.”

“Did he ever touch you?”

“Touch me,” I was confused.

“Kiss you?”

I was silent and my silence must have said it all because he shook his head and he sucked his teeth. 

“August I-”

I was about to tell him that me and Terrance kissed months ago, before I even met him but he cut me off, again…