chapter (1)27

"guys i think it's november

"guys i think it's november." haechan blurted as he strolled into the room from the kitchen, glass of water in hand.

sunghee and mark's mother looked up from their position on the couch, a large book positioned between them both flipped to a page somewhere in the middle.

"that's very nice, dear," mark's mother smiled, eyes crinkling as she gazed over at her son's best friend.

"thanks ms lee!" he then placed the glass onto a nearby table, walking over to see what the two were up to.

his eyes froze on the book, a baby boy sitting on a high chair centred on the open page, a cake sitting in front of him. the cake was destroyed, though, the baby's fists buried in the fluffy desert and a dash of blue icing smeared on his cheek.

mark's mother noticed haechan looking, turning the book to face him more. the boy brought his face closer to the page, his eyes narrowing as he inspected the photo of his younger friend.

"look it's mark!" sunghee gushed. "wasn't he cute?"

haechan let out a loud scoff, averting his gaze to the other side of the room to hide the faint redness creeping up into his cheeks. "no, he was fucking ugly."

sunghee scowled, moving to smack him but was stopped by the older woman's hand latching onto her wrist. "we need to fix your violence issue, my dear."

"sorry," she mumbled, bowing her head in apology, which the woman responded to by lighting patting her on the cheek.

the page was flipped to reveal a photo of mark again, but this time dressed up as a watermelon. it appeared to be halloween, behind him his mother stood, eyes glinting in the light of the camera flash as she stared down at her little boy.

sunghee let out a suppressed squeal, drawing haechan back to her side to gaze at the photo. the boy let out yet another scoff, gazing critically down at the book. "i guess mark was cute."

"what do you mean "was"," a new presence entered the room, his lips pulling down into a sour frown as he squinted at his friend. "i still am."

"of course you are, market!" sunghee chirped, jumping up from her seat. she then pivoted, taking ahold of haechan's arm before tipping her imaginary hat to mama lee. "if you shall excuse us, ma'am, we have some math to do."

"have fun!" she grinned, eyes disappearing into crescents.

"will do!"

"sunghee, if you think this is gonna be fun i don't think we can be friends anymore."

"whatever, let us go~!"