chapter 19

unedited

"mark?" sunghee exclaimed, pepper spray slipping from her grasp and clattering against the cement

"sunghee???"

the boy jumped up from his seat, the normal hoodie he wore regularly absent, revealing the boy's dark, messy head of hair. the moonlight brought attention to his eyes, puffy and red looking like he just spent the whole night crying.

he looked rather disheveled, concerning sunghee. she pursed her lips in thought, debating if she should ask him what was wrong.

"are you..."

"okay?" he interjected, eyebrows raised. "oh yeah i'm great haha."

sunghee narrowed her eyes in suspicion, slowly inching closer to the boy. as he watched her approach, he attempted to step backwards, running into a pole.

he let out an alarmed gasp when he bumped against it, hands immediately flying to the back of his head as he gritted his teeth in pain.

"dude!" the girl scolded mark, running towards him to see his head. she removed his hands, forcefully turning him to get a better look, and began to check for any sign of injury.

the boy held his breath due to their close proximity, feeling especially awkward in that situation

"i'm fine, i'm fine," he hurriedly assured her, stepping away so he could let himself breathe. "just a little bump."

"okay..."

they stood their silently for a couple moments, blending in with the silent night. a cold gust of wind blew through the park, ruffling sunghee's hair while pressing her hoodie to her skin.

the temperature brought goosebumps onto mark's bare arms, making him violently shiver, which caught the girl's attention.

"mark!" she cried as she rushed over to him, hastily latching her fingers around his wrist. he jolted from the contact which she chose to ignore, continuing to drag him out of the park.

"uh- what are you doing??"

"taking you home," she replied bluntly, hold on his wrist tightening as she hurried down the street. "you're going to catch a cold, being outside dressed like that on a night like this. where do you live?"

the boy gulped, loosing focus and ended up stumbling over the lift in the sidewalk. "shoot-"

"watch your step, mr vancouver," sunghee sang, glancing over her shoulder to check up on him. "now where did you say-?."

"i didn't," he chuckled, shaking his hair out of his eyes. "also- er- i wasn't really planning on, uh, going home tonight."

"oh," she frowned, pausing mid step. "were you just going to stay at the park-"

"nah, i was actually planning on calling haechan right before you showed up..."

"i see..." the girl lightly drummed her fingers on her cheek in thought with her free hand. "well you look tired-" she pointed to his eye bags which he covered in a rush with his nail-bitten fingers.

"do you want to stay at my place tonight perhaps? i can't see haechan letting you sleep."

"yeah you're right," mark chuckled, remembering back to the last time he stayed over.

it was silent as he thought to himself, other than the distinct chirping from the crickets.

the boy bit his lip, unsure how he thought about staying over at a girl's house. but its not like it mattered, right? its not like they'd fuck LMFAO and he did need a better sleep.

before he could overthink it any longer, he hummed, smiling awkwardly.

"why not?"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA