chapter 15

unedited

the girl panicked, going to shield herself but before the flying shoes could come in contact, mark simply stuck his arms out, knocking them away

sunghee swiftly popped back up, uncovering her head and then giving mark a forceful pat on the back. she then bowed before the boy, confusion written all over his face as his eyes watched her closely. "thank you, my saviour."

"i— uh..."

before he could respond, she hopped away towards chenle and taeil over near the old snack table covered in a coat of dust.

they looked up from their conversation as she approached, shoes surprisingly already on their feet as they were ready to bowl.

"hi!!" she greeted the silent pair, eyes disappearing momentarily as she beamed.

"sup." chenle muttered mysteriously, almost like he was trying to seduce the girl.

"are you trying to seduce me?" she narrowed her eyes, asking rather bluntly.

"uh—"

"i know you've been desperate lately— but dude,, never gonna happen."

the boy let out a sad sigh, looking down in shame while earning a pat on the back from taeil.

sunghee gave her bestfriend a look of concern, before jumping onto the old counter with a loud thud.

"be careful," chenle hurried to warn her, features ridden with worry. "that's an old counter, you could collapse at any second."

"oh please, your overreacti-"

"no, he's right," taeil cut in, face filled with an equal amount of worry.

"aw awe youw two wowwied fow mwee-"

the sound of wood breaking cut the girl off, followed by an ear piercing scream coming from her own mouth.

the other boys heads snapped towards the sound in alarm, each trying to make out exactly what had happened.

"bro you're gonna get splinters," mark rushed towards the three, head covered in a hood as always.

sunghee watched as the boy attempted to pull her out from her uncomfy position, eyes raking his concern-filled face while he tried not to make any unintended skinship with her.

the girl frowned as she watched the boy, realizing she never really had a good idea of what he looked like without a hood. surely chenle had sent pics of him and his friends before, so of course she would have some sort of idea.