chapter 8

unedited

"sunghee!" a voice called through the noisy hallways as the girl entered the school later that morning

"sunghee!" a voice called through the noisy hallways as the girl entered the school later that morning. "over here!"

sunghee managed to spot the group of 7 boys through the crowd, ducking through the swarms of people to reach the crew.

chenle stood with a smile on his face, eyes crescent moons as he bounced up and down on his heels with excitement. he was overjoyed over the fact that he could now see his online best friend every day now, instead of through a screen.

the 6 other boys stood awkwardly to the side as they watched the girl approach with a smile on her face. haechan groaned as he saw her, still annoyed with her over making him spill his popcorn.

"go away." he sneered, beating jaemin and chenle who had opened their mouths to greet the girl.

"oh shut up," sunghee snapped back, heading to stand next to a sulking boy who had a hoodie slipped over his uniform. he side eyed her as she came closer, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"hey sunghee!!" chenle sang a little too loud, waving his hands in excitement. he waved them a little too hard, accidentally slapping his tall friend's phone out of his hand.
"hey!"

sunghee laughed at this, averting her gaze to make eye contact with a grinning jaemin who silently waved hello. jeno nodded at her from beside him, a glint of jealousy in his eyes causing her to lightly snicker.

"that's mark by the way," chenle gestured to the hooded boy next to her. she smiled at him, but instead of smiling back he quickly looked away in embarrassment, a tint of red on his cheeks.

sunghee opened her mouth to say something but the first bell cut through the air, signalling that class would start soon.

"what class do you have first, sunghee?" jaemin asked, walking up to her as the group began to move.

"errr... i think i have art."

"great!" renjun exclaimed from behind jisung, startling her because she didnt even see him there. "i have art too!"

after saying goodbye to the others, renjun dragged the girl towards the art room. she could tell he was excited, face lit up in joy as they pushed the doors open to reveal a dimly lit room. only a couple other students filled the rows of seats, each on their phones before class started.

"not many juniors take art," renjun explained, noticing the surprised expression on sunghee's face. "i dont know why though cuz art is the best..."

as renjun rambled on about how much he loved art and why its actually a good thing that not a lot of people took it this semester, sunghee took a quick glance around the room.

art by other students filled the walls, anything from sketched self portraits to beautiful water-coloured landscapes and sunsets. as the teacher entered the room, sunghee realized how much she was gonna love it there.

———

mr prez
heyyy

sungteehee
hey
why arent you paying attention in class🤨

mr prez
i could say the same to you, miss moon🤨

sungteehee
im in math😩
with haechan🤢

mr prez
jeez
hows that going

sungteehee
well renjun forced me to walk to class with him
so we were stuck together
and then as soon as we entered the classroom
he headed to the opposite side of the room😔

mr prez
whats his deal with you

sungteehee
i guess he mustve been really excited to eat that popcorn

mr prez
yup
hey btw
i see you changed your name 👀

sungteehee
yesss 😁

mr prez
why is that👀👀👀

sungteehee
oh
reasons

mr prez
no more feelings for jaemin?

sungteehee
im not sure if you would call them feelings
not even mere infatuation

mr prez
:(
well thats good then
dont tell anyone but i think jeno likes him

sungteehee
oh really?
i couldnt tell /s

mr prez
how did you know

sungteehee
just the way he was looking at me when jaemin was smiling at me

mr prez
HFJSKSK I SAW THAT TOO
OH SHIT MY TEACHER TOLD ME TO PUT AWAY MY PHONE
GOTTA BLAST
CYA AT LUNCH

sungteehee
AAAAAA
BYEEEE

sungteehee AAAAAABYEEEE