chapter 26

unedited🙄

ding dong

*silence*

"where the duck is he?"

"i dont fucking know, maybe we should've told him we were coming over,"

"and where's the fun in that??"

"..."

"exactly now let's just wait till he comes to the door."

"fine."

sunghee reached over to the door again, reaching a finger out to press the faded, red button. as soon as her finger sunk, the two could hear the ringing of the bell from inside the house, echoing through the empty hallways.

"is he even home?"

when the last word left her mouth, the door swung open, revealing a tall-ish boy with bright red firetruck pajama pants on, paired with a matching grey shirt. the sleeves had the same firetruck pattern on them, but the middle part had the grey, a single, large firetruck centred in his chest.

their eyes trailed down to his feet, which were slid into firetruck slippers.

haechan and sunghee gaped at mark as he stood frozen in the doorway. "what the-"

"WOOT WOOT! FIRETRUCK!"

thanks to haechan, the door was now slammed in their faces.

"what was that for!" sunghee socked the boy in the arm, his hand flying up to clutch it as it throbbed.

"jeez did you have to punch me?"

"did you have to scare him away?"

"i couldn't help it."

the two were too immersed in their bickering to notice the door had been creaked open once again, and a single eye peered out at them, narrowed in frustration.

"gawd, can you guys just shut the fuck up and come inside," he snapped, sick of their voices, and they luckily stopped.

sunghee stepped through the doors first, eyes flickering around the front room. she had been here before, only outside, but this was her first time in his house out of the maybe 2 months they've known each other (haven't written this in a while so idk).

"happy birthday?" she absentmindedly mumbled, the statement coming out more as a question than intended. but i don't think she meant to say it at all.

mark let out a loud scoff, clearly pissed off by their presence. "gee thanks for remembering im so touched."

"wait is it actually-?"

"no, idiot."

"his birthday is august 2nd,"

"haechan, shut up."

"hey whats the date today."

"idk let me scroll back a couple chapters and make something up."

"okay lottie."

"sunghee who in the fuck are you talking to."

"your mom."

"very mature. my mom's actually in the other room."

"damn can i meet her?"

"sure."

"you should change out of your firetruck pajamas while i go see your mom."

"okay."

"i think i went a little far here with the dialogue and idk how to transition back rn so im gonna end this scene."

"okay bye."

"bye."

"bye."

idk if im gonna have a regular updating schedule again but if i feel motivated i might end up posting a lot

also i kinda forgot how to write