chapter 4

unedited

mr prezsungheethe game starts soon

mr prez
sunghee
the game starts soon

nana simp
ikik

mr prez
have you even left yet?

nana simp
......
no

mr prez
ur gonna be lateee😩😩

nana simp
I WONT DW
I JUST NEED TO GET DRESSED OKAY

mr prez
OKAY
SEE YOU AFTER THE GAME OKAY

nana simp
OKAY
BYE

with a sigh, sunghee dragged herself out of bed. her room was dark, just the way she liked it, minimal sunlight escaping through the shuttered blinds.

she yawned, stretching out her limbs before stumbling over to her closet. she didn't have much clothes in there, not leaving the apartment at all the past days.

her eyes traveled over to her uniform hanging, cursing as she remembered school was to start the next day. letting out another long sigh, sunghee grabbed onto her nearest hoodie which happened to be a large black one she treasured with her life.

she slipped it on over her sports bra, leaving the black sweatpants she already had on. using the elastic she had around her wrist, she tied her hair into a low, messy bun, then making sure to quickly put on some light mascara before thundering out the door.

she passed her father on the way out, not bothering to say bye to the sleeping man since he wouldn't care. he doesn't give two shits about the girl nor her safety.

———

following the map on her phone, sunghee soon found herself standing in front of a ginormous school. "NEO CITY HIGH SCHOOL" the letters on the front read, announcing to everyone who passed that this university-looking school was in fact a high school.

pulling out her phone, she sent out a quick text to chenle saying she was there before opening the large doors. students in school colours filled the halls, each standing with either a friend or a whole group of them, drinks, snacks, and phones in hand.

as sunghee walked through the halls to reach the gym, people began to stare at her. the girl in black who didn't look like she fit in. being her, the baddest bitch, she gave them withering stares back as she sauntered to the gym.

the gym was loud as she entered, students already starting to fill the benches with their handmade signs thrusted up in the air. the basketball teams were already practicing on the court, fooling around while shooting baskets in preparation for the match.

sunghee caught sight of a familiar dark head of hair who happened to be staring back in her direction. the girl smiled, lifting her hand up in a wave before crashing into a hard body.

she hit the ground, along with the person's snacks which spilled across the floor. chenle watched from a distance, eyes widening in panic as he noticed what had happened.

the girl scowled, pulling herself up to face the guy in front of her who hadn't even muttered a "sorry". he had a group of friends behind him, watching in curiosity as their friend had stopped walking.

the boy's face was shadowed by his baseball hat as he glowered at sunghee, fists clenched as popcorn decorated the floor below them. the girl glared back, equally as mad while scary aura encased the two.

one if the boys behind him let out a loud whimper, drawing sunghee's attention towards him. they both locked eyes and her gaze softened, staring into a pair of eyes she'd only ever seen out of a picture that chenle sent. a picture she often admired.

"OH SHI THATS HER!" jaemin shrieked as he realized, diving into the stands in attempt to hide.

sunghee froze as she began to recognize the boys in front of her, feeling the urge to dive into the stands as well. haechan's angry glare turned to one of confusion, his hat magically slipping off his head revealing his face.

the girl gasped, recognizing him instantly, letting her phone slip from her grasp as she sprinted away.

the phone clattered to the floor in the place she once stood. haechan cocked a brow, slowly kneeling to the floor to grab the object.

must be stupid he mused as he pocketed the phone, turning on his heels to face the four gaping (and one lovestruck) boys.

"what?" he nonchalantly asked, eyes dead as he returned their stares.

the whistle then blew, cutting through the tense air as it signalled the start of the match.

quite proud of this chapter yo