Chapter Thirty-Three: Movie Night

Cameron

To my surprise, Rebecca forgave me for what happened with me and Hanna. Not like I needed her to or anything, I mean we aren't even dating so it's not as big of a deal as she made it seem. With that aside though, I'm just glad things are back to normal again. Hanna will no longer be an issue, but I told her that if she ever needed anything that she could come to me. Dumb thing to say on my part, Hanna is an extremely dramatic person so there will always be times she'll need someone.

Now everyone is in Rebecca's basement, either sitting on the floor, or the couch. Dylan had been invited by Rachel, which made sense, so those two had snuggled up with each other in front of the couch on the floor. It was strange getting used to the idea that Dylan could like someone. He's put up a nice show for everyone, acting like he's not such a bad guy and stuff. The truth is that Dylan isn't a nice guy, not to anyone apart from us guys of course. He just plays down his jerk side since Pat takes good care of that. Seeing him with Rachel though had me thinking he could have changed into a better person though. She got him to smile and laugh and all that good mushy stuff.

Rebecca is sitting comfortably between Cody and I, and she's completely engulfed in the movie. I guess it made sense because it was a horror and the lights were off. Even though those two factors were involved, I couldn't tell whether or not she was scared. Every now and then she would yell at the characters in the film, and the next moment she would pull Cody's body in front of her to block her view of the screen. I wonder if she's still a bit mad at me for kissing Hanna?

"Cameron?" She asked during an intense part of the movie. I pretended not to hear her, and just when I thought it worked, she punched me in the arm.

"Ow." I frowned as I held onto the spot where she hit me. It didn't actually hurt, but I decided to humor her. "What was that for?" I muttered angrily.

"I called your name and you didn't reply," she explained. "Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you wanted any popcorn." She whispered as her eyes dashed between me and the movie. You'd think she would have asked that question before the movie started.

"Why, do you want some?" I asked her curiously. Her eyes met mine for a moment as they scanned my eyes for something. Did I say something wrong?

Instead of replying like a normal person, she turned away from me and asked Cody the same thing. He told her he'd like some, and she asked Dylan and Rachel as well. Everyone said yes except for me and I felt bad. I mean I just asked her if she wanted some too. Girls.

When she got up and went to the part of the basement where there was a kitchen, I followed her. She hadn't noticed until she flicked the light on and heard me take a seat up at the bar. I just watched her move swiftly through the small kitchen, ripping open bags of popcorn that had just finished popping in the microwave. Each time she was facing me, I tried to catch her attention by stretching or making a weird sound, but it was all useless. She was purposely ignoring me. "Are you mad at me or something?" I asked her with a bored tone. She glanced up from the bowl she was pouring popcorn in, and then she shrugged.

"No, I'm not mad at you. I shouldn't have been in the first place, I mean you can kiss whoever you want." She reasoned. I love how that sounds logical, but I also hate that she's saying it. It just means that she has realized that we aren't exactly dating yet, and that I could be hooking up with people every night for all she knows.

"What if I said you were the only girl I wanted to kiss?" I asked her, making our eyes to meet. Even though I had said something sweet and romantic, her eyes showed that she was more sad then wooed.

The microwave beeped again, and she pulled it open, took out the bag, ripped it open, and poured it into the next bowl. Then she sighed, "If you said that, I would think that that was nice of you, and it'd make me happy."