What Inspires You

What Inspires You?

Someone asked me what inspires me to write. Nature and coffee. That inspires me. Every morning I come to my kitchen, my tablet in hand, and make some fine Puerto Rican coffee and write. While I admire the sunrise: the changing pallet of shades and colors in the morning sky, the birds singing, perched on the lemon or avocado trees and the soft breeze that brings the scent of fruits and flowers.

The aroma of the brewing dark coffee fills the kitchen and takes me to far away places and the landscape out the window panes makes me dream. I need nothing more. Everyday brings a new life experience and each song, memory, conversation, poem or story read; every kiss, hug or tear adds a word, a line, a verse or a paragraph to this wonderful thing that is writing.

I want to dedicate this entry to maryltabor who's memoirs and recipes had helped me to understand the importance of grasping all those little details, flavors, aromas, experiences that life offers to you -either good or bad- to create different and new worlds.

My Crazy Cappuccino Recipe.

(For two)

-2 cups of brewed dark coffee
-brown sugar
-vanilla extract
-almond extract
-2 cups reduced fat milk (can be regular, light, almond or chocolate flavored)
- whipped cream
-cinnamon stick

1. Brew coffee.
2. Steam the milk. Heat 1 cup of milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Let the milk simmer until bubbles form around the edges, but don't boil the milk. Remove the pan from heat and set it on a flat surface.
3. Serve coffee and milk in equal parts in a cup.
4. Add ingredients and stir.
5. Top with whipped cream.
6. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.

Bon appétit

****I'll tag therideoflife JustlikeheavenDanni LynnS13 sloanranger KarlOConnor and Zoies2 to share what inspires you to write.