Critics Vs. Comments

It's summer time and I've begun to edit my stories somehow. When I started writing (or attempting to write) two years ago I knew nothing about how to write a story and I was crazy enough to give the try in English, which is my second language. So I wrote a few of them in a hurry; stories that were hovering in my head for decades but I didn't write before, God only knows why -I was lazy and I had no motivation at all-.

But they are here... With huge chunks of grammatical errors, typos and mistakes... Hey it's fine, I'm not perfect and I've never claimed to be, so no worries, I'm doing fine.

In the process I'm reading all the comments in the section below each chapter. Some of them are wonderfully kind and tell me how much are they enjoying my stories. Woot! I love to read those comments. But now, in a more fairly objective position I am reading the ones that point those errors out. And you know what, I need to say thank you for taking your time not only to read my stories, but to leave your critiques marking those flaws.

I know of writers who erase those comments or dislike receiving this kind of feedback. I don't. It's better for me to read that someone is liking my story and cares enough about me to tell me where I need to improve. And believe me it has been so helpful. So slowly I'm refurbishing chapter by chapter, paragraph by paragraph, sentence by sentence and classified my stories into drafts.

When I'm not asked to leave an insightful review and I find some typos or grammatical errors, I usually prefer to send a PM rather than a direct comment. So I praise the story if it's good in the comment section below chapters and leave the PM with my critique.

My question is -and please take your time to comment and give your sincere opinion- how do you feel when you receive critics or comments pointing out errors in your story? Do you receive them well? Do you erase them? Once you fix the error you eliminate the comments? What do you think of commenting vs. critiquing? How's the best way to approach a new or an experienced writer when you want to point flaws out?