Jen shrugs before making her way down the hall to Kylie's room and waking her up before heading into the bathroom to do what she needs to. 

Kylie slowly makes her way out to the kitchen while fighting back a yawn. "Morning." 

"Grab a seat; breakfast is just about ready. Milk or OJ, Ky?" 

"Milk." 

The three sit down and eat together at the table before Kylie heads back to her room to get changed and ready for school. 

"Kase, if you want, I can drop Kylie off at school this morning. I should really head home and get to work on an assignment that's due tomorrow anyway." 

"Thanks, Jen. I just remembered I don't have a car to take her, and it's kinda late to call my Mom and ask her too."

"Do you need me to drop you off so you can pick it up as well?" 

"I'll be fine. I wasn't planning on going to my classes today anyway, and I'm sure that when Kelley gets back, she can take me."

"Are you sure?" 

Kasey nods, "Yeah, as long as Kylie gets to school, then I can figure the rest out." 

"Okay. Call me if you need anything, okay?" 

"I will."  

Kylie makes her way out, and once everything is packed and ready to go, she and Jen head out and leave Kasey alone in the apartment. 

She makes her way back into her room and bed and sits up to check out the latest news on her phone. She's shocked to find that her name is listed in a brief news article written about what happened yesterday and why the school is currently closed. The article mentions that she was injured and transported to the hospital to receive further medical attention following the event. As she checks out social media, she sees more mentions of her name and the fact that there was an incident involving a gun at the school where she was working.   

This isn't the way I wanted Kelley to find out what happened. Kasey thinks and hopes that Kelley doesn't check her social media before or during her flight back to Ottawa. She knows that she should post something regarding the incident and clarify what happened but decides to wait until she speaks with Kelley first before adding more fuel to the fire. 

She lays back and gets comfy, soon drifting off surrounded by the warmth of her covers. 

While Kasey is busy catching up on her sleep, Kelley is sitting at the airport, waiting for her flight to be called. After seeing the message that Kasey sent to her earlier in the morning, she's convinced that something rather significant must of happened involving her keeper, but she isn't exactly sure what until she logs onto social media and is met with a surprise. Seeing Kasey's name trending along with the school shooting, Kelley immediately clicks on it to find out what happened. 

"What the fuck? Oh my God!" She searches for more information, but most of it repeats the same second and or third-hand accounting as to what happened. The only thing that remains the same is that there was one minor injury reported at the scene.  

Kelley calls Kasey's number and is met by a voicemail indicating that her mailbox is full. "Damn it, Kase!" 

Kelley collects her stuff and heads towards the gate for the flight to Montreal and then connection to Ottawa with her flight now being called. 

She puts on her headphones and plugs into a movie, doing her best to distract herself from all the thoughts circling in her head about the woman she loves. She knows that Kasey should be in class, so she opts not to call or message her not to disturb her learning but is resolved to find out exactly what happened as soon as she hits the ground in the Canadian Capital.