Chapter 13: Summer Vacation

Third Person POV:

Kirito was in the backyard of the Kirigaya mansion doing some morning exercise. It's been weeks since he hung out with Asuna and the others and it's been over a month since summer vacation started.

He hasn't gone out of the mansion since summer vacation started, except for when he goes out for his daily run. He was offered asked a couple of times to hang out with Asuna and the others.

Unfortunately, he had to turn them down because he had to finish up on all of the projects he proposed last spring break.

He sat down on the grass as he thought about his various projects, "Projects 1 through 4 are complete and the only one left is 5. I could probably finish it by the end of summer."

He placed his back on the ground, lying down on the grass, "But that would mean I wasted summer vacation on nothing but my projects." He sighed at the thought.

"Onii-chan!"

Kirito turned to the sound of Suguha's voice and saw her waving for him to come inside. He got off the ground and placed the towel he was holding around his neck as he walked over to her.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Eugeo Onii-chan and Alice Onee-chan are here." Sugu answered.

"What are they doing here?" Kirito thought, confused and interested.

"Oh? Where are they?" He asked.

"They're waiting in the living room. Now come on!" Sugu said, hurrying up her older brother, as she walked away to the living room.

"Yeah, yeah." He said, following behind her.

They walked down the Kirigaya Mansion's hallway and went to the living room where they found...

"Huh? Where are they?" Kirito said, confused as he looked around the living room for his childhood friends.

Eugeo was preparing to jump scare him from behind, but as he jumped up Kirito sensed his presence from behind and quickly grabbed his forearm bringing him to the ground

"Ow, ow, ow! What's this for?!" Eugeo asked, exasperated.

"Oh? It's you, Eugeo?" Kirito said, noticing who it was he was holding down on the ground.

He let go of the flax-brown-haired boy and Eugeo dusted himself off.

"I told you that would happen." A voice said from behind them.

Kirito turned to the direction of the voice as Alice revealed herself from hiding behind a doorframe.

"Good to see you too, Alice." Kirito said with a smile.

They all went to sit down on the seats available before they started to talk once again.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Kirito asked.