▪︎MARIAH CAREY IS DEFROSTING

━━━━ YOU WERE SITTING BY THE BED,

Your mind wondered as your eyes stared blankly onto the door which leads to where George and Sapnap are. The door to the room had finally creaked open and you rushed towards it as Sapnap walked out, rubbing the back of his neck, looking rather tired but you brushed it off.

"How's George? Is he any better? Is he going to be okay?" You asked, bombarding questions at Sapnap without leaving him to rest.

"Woah, Woah, slow down, ma'am. Your husband is going to be fine. He just has a mild injury from his car accident." He joked to which caused you to nudge his stomach with your elbow, making him let out a groan in pain.

"Hey, if I die too then you'll have no one else to help him heal, and RE:LIFE will be destroyed." He reminded to which you held your anger back at him with a huff leaving your lips.

"Which reminds me, we're leaving immediately as soon as George heals. We can't afford more time to be wasted. But before that, I need you to follow my plan and answer all of my questions whether you like it or not." You told him. It was clear by the look of your face that you were not taking any refusals from him.

"Alright." He agreed immediately to which almost caused you to be rather confused and hesitant.

"Did you just agree with me?" You asked, eyes skimming his facial expression, questioning his motives and answer.

"What's wrong? You look as if no one has ever agreed to you before." He commented casually.

"Well, it's not that no one has ever agreed with me before, it's just that things are always so complicated."

"How so?" He turned to look at you but you shook your head from left to right, not wanting to be distracted by his questions.

"It's not important right now. Let's cut to my questions." You told him.

"Go on."

"Just tell me, why is Schlatt trying to find you? Who are you? Why are you referred by numbers? Why does Wilbur need you? Were you a worker in RE:LIFE? Why are you so hard to find? And why are your messages so weird—"

"Hey, hey... calm down. Take deep breaths." He said while grabbing two cans of soda and sitting on the couch in front of you, his back now facing you. "I know things have been a lot for you but I'll answer them one by one."

You took a deep breath and exhaled as you finally recollected your thoughts walked to where he was and sat on the other couch in front of him.

He handed you a can of soda and you accepted it. He opened his can of soda up and took a sip as you looked up at him and spoke;

"Tell me, who are you?"

"I'm 1911614116. Code name; Sapnap. I was a former technologist of RE:LIFE, assisting other fellow technologists such as Nihachu, Fundy, and Wilbur." He answered.

"Why does Schlatt wanna find you?"

"Because I'm built differently." He responded to which he let out a dry chuckle, letting you feel unsure whether he was trying to crack a joke or explain something.

"I'm actually not very sure with the answer to that but perhaps he is seeking information." He remarked on his last word to which you lowered your gaze at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not very sure myself. It's better for you to ask me other questions until I'm sure of my answers." He suggested to which you had agreed.

"Tell me, what are you to Wilbur?" You asked,

"Nothing." He simply answered, "He just wants to fulfill his ambition but he always overlooks what is happening as usual."

"Hm... elaborate." You demanded which let him sigh heavily.

"Wilbur is... a tireless, overly obsessive, and overambitious man. He is too invested in his goals which made him fail to notice that losing something so small can cause big changes and or trouble." He explained.

You processed his words through your mind, trying to make up for what he was trying to say.

"So does that mean even if you were handed to Schlatt, nothing will change?" You asked, but he had only stood quiet.

You got up and walked up to him, pulling him by the collar aggressively as your eyes glared daggers at his.

"Answer me, you fuck." You cussed at him which left him with an amused expression.

"(Y/N), seems like you're slowly losing sanity too, huh? You're getting all aggressive over nothing." Sapnap said but you didn't hear his words, your mind was too overwhelmed with thoughts of just tearing his throat out.

"Maybe control your anger or else Schlatt might take more of an interest in you for it." He said as he put his hand over your face, blocking your view and completely pushing you away from him

You stumbled backward before regaining your balance and your anger boiled more before calming down, trying to regain yourself back into your rational mind.

"Fuck." You cussed.

You didn't know what came over yourself nor did you know what had happened. It seems that he might be right. You are losing your sanity and you were starting to lose your moral compass as well.

He stood up from his seat and titled his head slightly to your ears as he gave you a pat on your shoulder.

"I know your motive. You're trying to save RE:LIFE but I can't exactly tell why you're trying..." He muttered.

"But this world has already been written with no hope. What makes you think it would be any different?"

"Maybe that's the problem..."

"You try too much."

Created on 25 December 2021
Edited on 20 December 2022
Edited by @hanamocha

Merry christmas everyone! :D - hanamocha 2021

Merry early christmas everyone (part 2) - hanamocha 2022