▪︎WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

━━━ A HUMAN?

━━━ A HUMAN?

but it looked.. strange? Or at least rather━ peculiar.

Your head couldn't wrap itself around to what it was as questions after questions ran through your head like it was a freeway for your burning curiosity. Your eyes were still darted at the tall figure, if anything, it could simply be said that you were gazing at it.

The figure stood up straight and tall, shoulders back and feet about a shoulder-width apart. He wore a sleeveless black top with a turtleneck collar which hugged it's body frame, a silver chest harness around his chest but what caught the eyes of many was the white porcelain mask which hid its face completely from the public. This had definitely intrigued the crowd further than they were before.

A prideful look was very visibly shown on the man who took the long red cloth off from the figure as his lips parted for him to introduce what was before the crowd's eyes including yours.

"This, ladies and gentlemen, is the start of evolutionary technology! We have created an Artificial Intelligent designed to look and interact almost like any other human being which helps all your daily tasks and needs to be completed."

You were trying to comprehend the words he had spoken through your head but it still felt rather unbelievable to you. I mean, An artificial Intelligent.. designed to almost be like any other human on earth? Seems like the world is ending to you with all these wacky technological advancements always having to take over the world bit by bit.

The crowd seemed to be uttering words to each other and loud whispers could be heard clashing with each other. You could assume the crowd seemed to be conflicted whether to accept the idea of all this and you surely were feeling as similar to them as well.

The masked figure turned his head towards your direction and that's when your eyes averted away from his as uneasiness crawled back into your chest again.

"This doesn't feel right." You muttered as you turned yourself around to the opposite direction of the crowd and took a step away from the scene but just as you tried to walk away, a hand had gripped onto your arm, forcefully making you stay and your eyes widened in dread.

You turned your head around and as shocked as you already were, the figure who had only been introduced recently was staring dead into your eyes with that unsettling mask of its furthering your hesitation and anxiety.

Admitting you had no other choice but to stay, you gulped at its presence as the entire crowd which was once muttering loudly had been silenced while staring at the two of you. You could assume that they were as stunned as you were by it's actions.

The brown wavy hair of the man in a white coat fell slightly downwards as the expression on his face was unreadable. He adjusted his glasses upwards at the sight of the scene you were in before proceeding to give a mischievous smirk at you and turning back to face the crowd.

"Don't be alarmed. He was simply making sure everyone listens to everything I have to say. A simple task executed well, don't you think?" He said with that smirk of his still remaining upon his face as the grip on your arm untightened causing you to stumble backwards on your feet slightly but fortunately not to the point that it makes you fall.

Anger was starting to boil inside of you after having to see how bothersome that man in a white lab coat was to you but you had only gritted your teeth to prevent yourself from expressing your rage from the fear of adding more onto what you had in your plate full of problems and concerns.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you could see, our artificial intelligence will ensure that everything you ever need or want will be accomplished. This is a sign of evolution in technology and starting from tonight the world will change."

The masked figure who was standing in front of you had his eyes flickered from green to red through his mask before proceeding to walk towards the four-eyed as if nothing had previously happened.

He stood right by the bitch's side with his arms behind his back with an upright standing posture but though his body and feet faced the crowd, his head was turned in your direction as he continued to quietly stare at you and this had only created even more tension than before.

'Dear Mercy, What the fuck is happening,'

The mic on the hands of the man in the white lab coat drew near to his lips as he spoke on queue to his action.

"We will finally be known by many and in fact, the entire world will because I, Wilbur Soot and the rest of the RE:LIFE corporation would like to introduce you to our very first human-like A.I or as we like to call it humanoid,"

Your eyes widened further as you could feel your stomach dropped.

"Say hello to Dream."

'Hello? More like fuck no.' You mentally scoffed but you were too afraid to be acting scornful at the moment.

In fact, you should be taking this advantage to distance yourself from this madness while you could hear the entire crowd cheering, clapping and whistling in astonishment and great pride but I think it would be proper to mention that it might also and highly be possible that it was forced because there is a human A.I in front of them that is possibly capable to murder them any time at this point and who knows how much there is in stored.

Only you were the one very visibly intimidated and scared of what had just been introduced right before your eyes and you didn't know why and how everything was happening so fast in such a short amount of time.

Not to mention, you don't know why everything felt like such a coincidence.

You turned away and walked past the people within the crowd in a rush while still in shock with the incomprehensible events witnessed by your very own eyes.

"How is this even possible?" You uttered under your breath as the thoughts within your mind were slowly leaking your words out.

WilI no one be concerned about this? 

How are they accepting this? Or maybe they are planning to decline it? 

Surely they realize this is a revolution that might kill humanity, right?

It was so odd to say that RE:LIFE was just like any other applications before and now it was revealed that it was some kind of company experimenting and creating so many artificials and technological uses that is about to be known by many?

The world must have turned upside down for you, has it?

Or perhaps you could admit that the future is always an unpredictable factor where advancement or retrogression could be made at any time without anyone knowing. Even now, you never know what people are creating to save, help or even destroy the world which you are living in now.

You literally could be spending your time reading this while Elon Musk makes an anti pervert hairy stockings or some shitThank you for reading by the way, please don't leave-

You wanted to run away from the crowd of people you were once surrounded by but then, a couple of men who wore a black formal attire with dark shades of glasses covering their eyes stood by and halted you from running anywhere else.

'Ah, these must be bodyguards..'

"Oh shit, they're bodyguards."

Created: 10 November 2020
Edited: 16 April 2021
Edited by @hanamocha