19- Detective Piper

Based on the episodes:
"Sister Twister Part 1 and 2"
———
PIPER
As I poured out the puzzle my family was going to help me complete, Henry's watch started beeping 3 times ever 5 seconds, like always. Something was up with that boy, and I was going to figure it out, one way or the other.

"I gotta go." Henry quickly got up, nearly getting to the door.

"Not today, Henry." My dad kept Henry away from the door as he sipped his coffee.

"Henry. We've been talking about you behind your back. And we've realised that sometimes, you get three beeps on your watch. Then you make up a ridiculous excuse and leave the house for hours." My mom spoke, looking at Henry as if he had committed a crime.

"I-I don't make ridiculous excuses..." Henry tried to defend himself.

"Oh yeah? Remember when you said that Jasper's water bed was on fire?" Henry looked panicked.

"Or that your teacher, Ms Shapen, needed you to give her ankle hair an emergency trim?" My mom got closer to Henry who looked like he was freaking out. 

"You saw a bird with a human face, down the street." My father chimed in.

"You saw a human with a bird face, up the street." I was fed up with his lies.

"I-I-Can we talk about this later? Please?" He was trying to escape.

"Not today." My father sipped his coffee again.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Henry looked at the three of us before my mom looked at me.

"Kid's gotta go, he's gotta go." I looked at Henry suspiciously, before he quickly ran upstairs.
———
After about 15 minutes, Henry still hadn't come back downstairs.

"He's gone hasn't he?" My mom asked, not surprised.

"Yeah. But I'll go get him and bring him back, I promise." I smiled before leaving the house, running off to Junk 'N' Stuff.

I got to the store, seeing that Henry was nowhere to be seen. I heard noises from a neighboring street. I walked over to Stank Street, quickly hiding behind an abandoned car when I heard noises coming from the hood of it.

"The coast is clear!" I recognised that voice. It was Captain Man.

"Did you actually check to see if the coast was clear or did you just say that?" Kid Danger was not happy.

"It's Stank Street man, no-one is ever here." Captain Man annoyingly replied. I heard the hood close.

"By the way, why'd you tube us out at Stank Street? There's tonnes of other exits in Swellview that don't...stank." Kid Danger seemed even more annoyed at Captain Man.

"It's the one closest to City Hall." Captain Man had a good excuse. I heard their footsteps grow further away, so I came out from hiding.

I walked to the front of the car, knocking on the hood before opening it up, revealing some sort of tunnel.

"Hello?" I asked before slipping.

"AHHH!" I screamed as I fell down the tunnel. After what seemed like hours, I landed in front of two tubes. I had already found myself way below ground, so I didn't hesitate before jumping down the tube to my right, once again screaming.

HENRY
Mikayla had looked at me, trying her best to get the glitter off my shirt. I was about to give her a 'thank you' kiss before she stopped me.

"Don't kiss me until the glitter is gone." She moved away, smiling. Ray and I desperately needed to get the glitter of our shirts and faces before it spread around the Man Cave. We put a piece of gum in our mouths, beginning to chew as my phone rang.