15- Return of the ex

Based on the episode:
"Saturday Night Lies"
———
ME
My dad was never the one for common sense, so when he fired a stun dart at Jasper, I wasn't impressed.

"Dad...you need to stop using Jasper as a lab rat..." I spoke as Henry and I helped Jasper out to the back.

"Oh no..." I could hear my dad panicking.

"Dad? What's going on? Charlotte? Why is my dad panicking?" I asked, confused.

"Ask him..." She looked at him in more confusion.

"Dad! What's going on?" I stopped him.

"Oh no...she's here! Oh my god why is she here? Why is she here right now? No, no, no, no." He was racing around the room.

"What do you mean-" Henry asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"-Oh god, her. Her. Lacey, my ex-girlfriend. Oh god she's-" Before he could continue, the Junk 'N' Stuff door opened.

"Ray?" A dirty blonde woman walked in wearing a flamingo pink dress.

"W-Hey! Lacey..." My dad was one-hundred percent panicking right now.

"Oh my gosh...you're here..." He moved closer to her.

"Ray Manchester..." She hugged my dad, clearly hating this as much as he was.

"Ahem..." Henry made his presence known.

"Oh, yeah, Lacey. This is Henry, Charlotte, and Mikayla. He hugged me from the side, clearly not wanting to mention that I was his daughter. Just as he smiled, Jasper walked into the room.

"Oh, and this is Jasper..." He faked a smile.

"Guys, this is Lacey Lumbar. My...ex-girlfriend..." He smiled again.

"Ahem..." The man standing besides Lacey made himself known as well.

"Oh, right. Ray, I'd like you to meet...my husband. Roger." She smiled, seemingly feeling proud.

My dad greeted him cautiously. The conversation about Roger's exciting life came to light and I could tell that my dad was one fake smile away from popping a bubblegum in his mouth, revealing his secret.

He popped a piece of gum in his mouth before I ushered him to where Henry and I left Jasper, so we were out of view.

"Uh...dad...don't." I held out my hand as Lacey was talking to the others.

"But-" He objected before I stopped him.

"-No." I forced him to hand over the tube of glowing gum as he continued to tighten his fists. He spat out the gum into a near trashcan as Henry walked up to us, leaving Charlotte to be entertained by Lacey and Roger.

"I have an idea. Just follow my lead." Henry smiled, patting his shoulder. We walked back out to the main shopping, hoping to change the situation.

Just as Lacey was about to continue comparing my dad to Roger, Henry stopped her.

"R-Ray isn't jealous. You know why? Because Ray saves people too." Henry smiled.

"Yeah, you know he uh...he saved me. He saved Charlotte. He saved Jasper." Henry smiled.

"He didn't...save me..." I admitted quietly.

"Saved you from what?" Lacey was becoming petty now.

"You know...uh...life on the streets..." Charlotte spoke.

"You see, Ray adopted us." Henry smiled, hoping that his plan was going to work, until I forgot that Lacey might have thought that my dad didn't adopt me. It also felt weird to know that Lacey might now think that Henry and I are 'siblings' even though we're actually boyfriend and girlfriend...unbeknownst to her.

"He's our daddy now..." Jasper kissed the side of my dad's cheek, making me pull him away.

"And what about Mikayla? Did you not adopt her also?" Lacey was trying to make my dad seem bad and I wasn't going to let that happen.

"Well...Ray...is my actual dad. I'm biologically related to him. I'm his daughter." I stood up to Lacey, making myself feel proud.

"Then how come I never knew about her when we dated?" Lacey was confused.

"Because...uh, because she was living with her grandparents. You see, her mom died when Mikayla was born and I couldn't take care of her at the time..." My dad came up with a ridiculous lie.

"Dad!" I nudged him as I whispered.

"So, you thought you could take care of not only your daughter, but 3 other adopted kids as well?" Lacey's attitude was clearly pissing my dad off.

"Uh, Lacey...our chat has been nice, but I think it's time to go." I ushered Lacey and her conceited husband out of the shop. We locked the door, leaving my dad to finally breathe.

Once they were out of sight, I gave my dad his tube back. We all headed to the elevator. Henry, Ray and Charlotte stood normally while I have Henry a loving hug as my dad looked at me. I kissed Henry's cheek as the elevator dropped down, Jasper still not use to it even though I've been doing it for a shorter amount of time and I'm already used to it. We all got out, Jasper still catching his breath.

"Don't ever attempt to reveal your secret to anyone! If you don't let us tell people, you can't tell anyone either! Common sense dad!" I hit his shoulder.

"Sorry. I was just...very emotional and jealous." He released his fists.

"We know. It was very noticeable." Charlotte rolled her eyes as Henry and I sat on the couch.

"Hopefully, Lacey and her airheaded husband don't come back..." Jasper rolled his eyes just as Charlotte did, and I hoped Jasper was right. It was awkward seeing my dad jealous.