29- Ungrounded

ME
I got inside my room, unlocking my bedroom door. When I headed downstairs, I could see 3 boxes and more empty ones. I panicked. My mom wasn't joking when she said that we were moving.

"Mom. Why are we moving? Can't I at least know?" I asked, sitting on the empty couch.

"I intended to live in Swellview without ever needing to think about your father, but now that he's around and back in my life, I can't deal with it. He left me all those years ago, and seeing him now is giving me bad flashbacks." She admitted as she taped shut another box.

"Is it possible for me to convince you?" I asked, nearly crying.

"You can try, but my mind is already made up." She sighed, sitting down.

Opening the front door, I revealed Jasper, Charlotte, Henry and Ray. I could see my mom tense up when she made eye contact with Ray.

"It's not just me who has something to say." I announced. They all sat on the other side of the couch.

"Mom. Moving to Swellview, it seemed like the most boring place on earth. Now, I have two amazing friends, an amazing boyfriend, and after 17 years, I finally met my dad. I finally have the family I've always wanted and now...you're gonna take it away from me?" I asked, holding her hand.

"I don't want to have bad flasbacks every time I see your father. I'm sorry Ray, but not hearing from you for all these years, it really affected me." She aruged against my point.

"Mrs Daniels. Your daughter...she is amazing. Before I met her...my friends and I, we never had much fun. Mikayla made our group so much better. Getting to throw her a birthday party was really special for Charlotte, Jasper and I. And, in all honesty, I love your daughter with every fibre in my body. I'd do anything for her. Please...don't make her move." Henry's speech was convincing to me, but it was up to my mom.

"I'm sorry Henry. As much as I admire your love for my daughter, I don't want to imagine what would happen if your love for her changed." My mom shot back, Henry sighing in defeat as he sat beside me.

"Mrs Daniels. As you have probably seen, apart from Mikayla, I am the only female who works with 3 boys. If you made her move, I'd lose not only my work friend, but I'd lose my best friend and the fun that she brings to every minute that she's working with me. Please...don't make her move." Charlotte pleaded.

"Sorry Charlotte. But Mikayla is moving with me at the end of the week." My mom revealed.

"The end of the week? That's in 2 days!" I was shocked.

Knowing that he had nothing really to say, Jasper stayed quiet.

"Erica, look. I understand where you're coming from. But she's my kid too. Don't you think it's unfair that I've met her, and I've gotten to know her, but she's now moving away in 2 days?" My dad had a solid argument.

"I understand that she's your kid. But Ray, you've had 17 years to make contact with her. You've had 17 years to make contact with me. You never once tried to find us. I've been raising her. I watched her first steps. I heard her first word. I was the one raising her for many many years, watching as she grew into the amazing girl she is. You had no part in her life, because you couldn't be bothered. I'm sorry that you feel upset that I'm moving her away, but newsflash Ray, she's my kid. She's always going to be my kid and that won't change now that you're in her life. I suggest that you get her number, cause after the end of the week has passed, you're only gonna communicate with her through messages and phone calls." My mom sighed.

"What? I'm never gonna see her again? She's never going stay with me or spend weekends with me?" Ray was even more hurt.

"Once she turns 18, that'll be her choice. Until then, I'm sorry, but no." She stood up, leaving the conversation.

"I told you. Convincing her is impossible." I let a tear slip as I got up off the couch.

"You all better head home. It's late." I cried a little before running up the stairs. As I jumped onto my bed, crying, I heard Henry.

"I live next door, and I'm usually out later than this so..." He spoke, walking over to me.

"I'm sorry Henry. At the end of the week, you'll never see me again, or you'll see me, just after I get my lisence." I cried into his shoulder.

"Mikayla, before you give up hope, there is one more option, but you may not like it..." Henry looked at me. I was confused, until he whispered to me.