17- Babysitting Bose

ME
As Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz and I waited for Ray and Henry to return from the emergency call, Henry called me.

Me: Hey Hen.

Henry: Hey, can you do me a favour?

Me: What's up?

Henry: The Vice Mayor had a weird task for us. Can you get 3 tubs of strawberry yoghurt?

Me: What for?

Henry: No questions, just do it...hurry.

Me: Sure.

I hung up, going to the Auto-Snacker, holding my hand on the screen.

"3 tubs of strawberry yoghurt." I spoke, waiting for my order.

"What are the tubs of yoghurt for? Is it for...you-know-what?" Charlotte asked as she walked up to me.

"What? No! Henry just called me and asked me to get the tubs of yoghurt." I grabbed the 1st tub, setting it down on the bench next to me. After I grabbed the other two tubs, the Man Cave signalled that my dad and Henry were coming down the tubes. My dad appeared before Henry, coming down, waiting for the second tube.

"What's going on? Why is Ray waiting?" Charlotte asked as Henry stayed in his uniform.

"Wait for it. And, make up names for each other, for security." Henry watched as the tube came down again, this time revealing a 12 to 13 year-old boy wearing a cloth over his head.

"Who's that?" Jasper was confused.

"This, is Bose." Ray spoke.

"Hi! I'm Bose!" He waved and smiled excitedly.

"Anyways, Bose is the Vice Mayor's new step-son. The Vice Mayor went on vacation so we have to babysit him for a week in return for a statue of me." Ray posed.

"Captain Man, you'd eat a can of rotten pineapple for a statue of yourself..." Jasper smiled.

"I can't believe we have to babysit him." Henry groaned.

"Haha. If you expect me to babysit, you'll be disappointed." Ray backed away.

"Excuse me? Who's gonna babysit him?" Henry asked, confused.

"You four!" Ray exclaimed, gesturing to Charlotte, Jasper, Henry and I.

"Oh no. I am not babysitting. I have to go on a family vacation in 10 minutes. Bye!" Charlotte walked off towards the tubes.

"Up the tubes!" She yelled, shooting up.

"You must be...Shasper." Bose, who clearly wasn't very bright, walked up to Jasper.

"No, I'm-" Before Jasper could continue, Henry made the motion for Jasper to stop talking.

"-Yeah! I'm Shasper." He smiled.

Henry wrapped his arm around my waist, catching Bose's attention.

"Are you two...like...dating?" He smiled.

"Uh...yeah." I smiled.

"How does it feel dating Kid Danger!?" He clapped.

"Cool." Was all I said before he spotted the strawberry yoghurt.

"You, Henry and Jasper are going to babysit Bose until the Vice Mayor comes back since Charlotte opted out." Ray walked up to me.

"Sure. I don't mind." I knew that if I argued with him, he might've grounded me since he can do that now.

"Thank you." He smiled, seeing Bose now covered in yoghurt.

"How is he messier than Schwoz and Jasper?" Henry whispered to me.

"Let's get him back to my place. My mom won't be home for a couple of days so he can stay there." I smiled, walking over to Bose.

"Hey Bose? Kid Danger and I are gonna take care of you while our boss Captain Man deals with some grown up stuff? Does that sound cool?" I asked, bending down.

"Sure. Do you guys have any games?" He asked.

"Yeah, but lets get you cleaned up first." I smiled, standing up.

"Is there anyway for you to look normal just with a mask?" I asked, walking over to Henry.

"I mean, I can always try?" Henry went to go get Schwoz.

"Can I transform back into my normal self but keep my mask?" Henry asked as Schwoz walked into the room.

"Sure. Just hold the mask to your face as you transform back and it should stay." Schwoz smiled.

Henry did as Schwoz said, transforming back as he held his mask, successfully looking normal, just with his mask.

"Thank god..." I groaned as Bose kept eating his yoghurt.

"Shall we get him back to your place?" Henry asked, smiling.

"Put a hoodie on first." I spoke, chucking him one of Ray's hoodies.

"Ooh, comfortable..." He smiled, putting the hoodie over his head protecting his face from being seen as we put the cloth over Bose's head, starting to get him back to my place.