7- Prom night

ME
I hadn't stopped thinking about Henry since our kiss yesterday. Since then, he walked me to school, he helped me with my homework and he offered to take me home after school.

"So, Mikayla, are you excited for tomorrow night?" Charlotte asked as she smiled brightly at me.

"Well...uh...I don't have a date..." I frowned.

"Henry hasn't asked you to prom yet?" Charlotte seemed disappointed.

"Well, I saw him this morning, but after that, he disappeared." I spoke, a little upset. Just as Charlotte was about to speak, my phone buzzed. Confused, both Charlotte and I checked the message on my phone. It was from Henry.

Henry: Turn around...☺️😁

Before I could turn around, the lights went out before turning back on. Charlotte told me to look behind me. I turned around to see a banner hanging above the staircase saying WILL YOU GO TO PROM WITH ME?

"Hey Mikayla..." Henry appeared in front of me.

"So...will you go to prom with me?" He asked as he held my hand. I couldn't stop the tears of happiness from sliding down my cheek.

"Of course Henry!" I hugged him tightly as all the girls and guys clapped for us. I pulled away, getting a hug from Charlotte while Jasper and Henry celebrated with a bro hug.

"Did record all that?" Henry asked as Jasper held his phone.

"You know I did Henry..." I was surprised by all the planning.

"Send that to me later?" I asked as Jasper nodded.

The day went on smoothly, girls constantly asking me how it felt to be asked to prom in the most romantic way. Even though Henry and I aren't together...I don't think...I was super excited for prom tomorrow night. Charlotte had even showed me the dress she got for me. After the day was over, like Henry had promised, he walked me home from school.

"So...I hoped you like the promposal I planned?" He smiled at me.

"Oh, Mr Hart, I'll never forget it..." I laughed as we reached our street.

"I will see you tomorrow Ms Daniels..." Henry kissed my cheek. For a 17 year old boy, he was very cheesy and romantic at times. Getting home, I saw a red and gold dress on my bed.

Mikayla,

I had your mom pick this up from my place. See you tomorrow night wearing this!

-Char.
———
The next day was amazing. I passed every test that was thrown my way, Henry and I discussed tonight and the plan. Once the day was over, Charlotte and I raced home to her place, hoping to spend a few hours getting ready. Charlotte was asked by Jasper as a friend. 7 pm arrived, which meant Charlotte and I were waiting for her mom to announce that Henry and Jasper had arrived. At 7:05, we heard her speak.

"Charlotte! Mikayla! Henry and Jasper are downstairs!" We both smiled. Linking arms, we walked down the staircase that lead directly to the front door. Charlotte's mom smiled while we saw Jasper and Henry both look at us in awe.

After 10 minutes of posing for photos, Charlotte's mom finally let us all go. We got into the limo that Jasper had paid for, making our way to the prom. Getting to the school, we gave our tickets to Ms Shapen who looked like she wanted to die. We smiled, walking into the gym. We looked like the perfect group. My arm was linked with Henry's and Charlotte's arm was linked with Jaspers.

We separated from Jasper and Charlotte who walked over to the punch table. After an hour, it was time to announce the Prom King and Queen. I thought that Bianca would be Queen and Mitch would be King, so I just watched on in boredom.

"Tonight, Swellview High's Prom King with a staggering 286 votes, is...Henry Hart!" The principal announced. I hugged Henry is happiness and watched as he walked up onto the stage, accepting his crown.

"And...our Swellview High's Prom Queen with a surprising 294 votes in 24 hours, is...Mikayla Daniels!" The principal announced as Charlotte hugged me. I walked up to the stage in shock as Henry hugged me before I accepted the crown.

"Now, it's time for the Prom King and Queen dance." The principal announced as Henry and I walked off the stage, going out into the middle of the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled me close. As we danced as Kind and Queen, we had our own little conversation.

"I was definitely not expecting this..." I smiled.

"Well...after our kiss 2 days ago, I was kinda wondering if you felt a spark?" Henry asked.

"Yeah. I couldn't stop thinking about our kiss..." I smiled.

"So...will you be my girlfriend?" He could barely speak without trying not to sound cheesy.

"Nothing would make me happier Henry Hart..." I smiled as I put my head on his shoulder. Before the King and Queen dance was over, Henry looked at me.

"I love you Mikayla." He spoke, smiling.

"I love you too Henry." I kissed him, sending the entire student body who had been looking at us into a cheer.

All of a sudden, the song changed and everyone started dancing.

"Don't worry! I got that whole encounter on video!" Charlotte smiled as Henry and I, now boyfriend and girlfriend, walked over to her and Jasper. We all had a laugh before dancing the rest of the night away.